<~Out of the Blue~>

Friday, May 30, 2008

Specialist Aptitude Test

I came across this Medical Specialty Aptitude Test when I was browsing through an ex-senior blog.

Do try it out though we are not training to become doctors. After all, as we observed during our hospital attachment, the ward pharmacists do specialize in an area.

I can't believe I actually answered all the Qs (not disclosing how many in case I scare u off hehe) since I am having trouble 're-sleeping'.

My results are:

1 preventive med 40
2 endocrinology 40
3 general internal med 40
4 emergency med 40
5 allergy & immunology 40
6 anesthesiology 39
7 nephrology 39



A tie for 6 specialties since they all have the same score of 40. There are 36 specialties arranged according to their ranking based on your results.

hmm..preventive med? Not exactly sure what it deals with. Endocrinology? In fact my interests are cardiology and nephrology. Contradictingly, cardiology was the last in the list of my results! I never really like immunology either.


[from wikipedia] In the United States, preventive medicine is a medical specialty, one of the 24 recognized by the American Board of Medical Specialties. It encompasses three areas of specialization:
  • General preventive medicine and public health
  • Aerospace medicine
  • Occupational medicine

*yawn* why does preventive med remind me of those boring modules like toxicology.... T_T In fact, medical toxicology is a sub-specialization of preventive med!! OMG...


Conclusion: In my case, it is evident that quizzes like this serve only as a guide and not a true reflection of one's interest. Do the test if you need to kill time and your curiosity hehe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pepperpourri said...

Hehe, will do the test after this. Well, being your other wicked half, do I get to know exactly how many questions are there? Hehe.

What do you mean by re-sleeping?

11:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home