<~Out of the Blue~>

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Yoga

I signed up for a 3-month yoga package (since it is more worth it) for my elective. It is RM259 for an unlimited number of classes (unlimited in the sense that as long as there is a scheduled yoga class, I can attend). However, there are some classes that I won't be able to attend as those students are at advanced level!! By the way, most of the 'students' are aunties above 35, though there are a handful of ladies in their late twenties. It is apparent that only those women who have no burden in life have the time to spare for things like yoga.


Stretching and balancing. I think at the end of my course I will be quite proud of myself for being more flexible. *hopeful*

The following pics show some steps in a series of steps in 'Surya Narmaskara' (Sun Salutation). This is one of the most common warm-up.




Padmasana (padma: lotus, asana: posture)- the meditation pose. In this position, we will perform pranayama (breathing exercises)- I learnt to control my breathing with my diaphragm!


This morning, I learnt a few more 'body-defying' poses hehe...can only take pics when I go with my sis next time.


My 4th sis, yvonne, with the 'hand-pose' in padmasana.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pepperpourri said...

You look like a pro, seriously! Is it and individual class or something? How come I only see the few of you?

How many times per week is the class by the way?

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home