<~Out of the Blue~>

Saturday, March 08, 2008

My Voluntering Effort Goes Futile

I AM SO MAD NOW. My leader at the polling station called me and told me that 'there is a slight disappointment'. SPR has not returned some 15% of the polling agent submission forms as they have 'misplaced' them.

SO I CAN'T BE A POLLING AGENT TODAY WITHOUT THE AUTHORIZED ID.

See, I did my homework. I read the slides on the rocket's blog and jotted down those points relevant as polling and counting agents.


I already packed my bag for the 'mission' today. There are some uncle toby's bars, oreo bars, the polling agent notes, and my water. I was going to pack meehoon. Until I got that call....


This is how desperate they are, from cutting down electricity during opposition's ceramahs, getting police to 'ensure there is no uproar' during the ceramahs, to cancelling the use of indelible ink and making sure opposition has less polling agents. They have been 'shifting the goal post' like mad and they could be doing something even worse to ensure that they retain the 2/3 majority.


Though the disappointment, I have no regrets going for the ceramah and the training, really. It has been really enriching. I am awed by the selfless attitudes of so many people (not only the contestants) in the battle for democracy. For a better government with integrity.


For your info, even foreign media knows how 'dirty' this election can get. Read more HERE. Here is our first mission to hit one of the most unfair general elections!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home