<~Out of the Blue~>

Monday, December 31, 2007

Christmas and Gatherings

For Christmas, my younger sisters suggested a cooking competition; whereby each of us would prepare a dish and we would vote for the winner. The winner would be known as 'deli angel'.

I decided to make mash potatoes; I searched for recipe online which resembled what the Genting Chef told me.





Mashing the potatoes.












Before baking.












*drum rolls* After baking. Well, I would give it 6.5/10 because to me, I didn't get the heavenly feeling like the one I ate in Genting. My postmortem is that the Parmesan cheese powder I used is not cheesy enough (and it has a smell which I don't really like). So if I were to improve on the recipe, it would be to hunt for a good Parmesan cheese powder. Any recommendation? Jusco seems to sell only one brand.


My family's all time favourite dessert- Honeydew Sago!!! We always order it in Chinese restaurants but not all serve it; and even if they do, it is quite pricey (like the one in Mandarin Oriental). I suggested my youngest sis, Serene, to do that and I even helped her to find the recipe online. ^_^ WE LOVE IT! So it is obvious that she emerged the 'deli angel'.


My 2nd sis tried her hand on making ice-cream (she even tried 2 recipes), and the moral of the story is, making nice ice-creams not only depend on the recipe but also the skills and equipments. My 3rd sis made creme caramel; she didn't whisk the egg long enough so the end product has an eggy smell, something which we do not like. My 4th sis, Yvonne made chocolate chip cookies and they were good! We just need to further cut down on sugar next time. We all agreed that the runner-up would be Yvonne.


Little did we know that the winners would be the youngest among us. Serene didn't even know how to cut fruits before this. As I have said before, this is more like 'learning first, competition second' since five of us were trying out 5 different recipes. If it were to be a competition proper, we should be making the same type of dish.


Now for some Christmas decorations at shopping malls:

At North Court in Megamall.

Somewhere outside Seed in Megamall.


Taken in front of Metrojaya as I had to rush home. Happy shopping with u2!


At The Curve.

Donuts from Big Apple! I LOVE the Chococino at second column, second row. The cappucino mousse in the donut is just fabulous! It is selling at RM2 per piece, a box of 6 cost RM 9.50 and when you buy even more, the cost of one donut turns out to be cheaper. So I am suggesting that we sell this for our fund-raising project, since Big Apple outlets are only found in The Curve and One Utama.


I wish to end my last post of the year 2007 by dedicating this pic to MCians:

MCians doing what they do best- BLOCKING the entrance! Happy 2008 everyone!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home