<~Out of the Blue~>

Friday, November 16, 2007

Genting Trip

Date: 15/11-16/11
Venue: Genting (stayed in Theme Park Hotel)
Occasion: Post EOS bonding trip ^_^ also to celebrate steph's, m shya's and ping w's bdays.
Why the trip was special to ME:
I had my virgin visit to caSIno *note the bolded letters*
and, according to them,I am the only 86 (born in the year 1986) that was invited, quoting them '86 always got prob!' *the rebuttal from my side is out of the scope of this post lol*


As we stepped out of the Rm5.05-per-ride bus at 11 plus a.m., we couldn't be more glad to breathe the cool, fresh air as the bus was quite stuffy. NOt that it bothered me that much for I was sleeping throughout the journey. I am a great believer in recharging during the journey so that I can play really hard during my trip.

After lunch in KFC, First World Hotel. Look at mic wide big smile =D

After lunch at KFC, we decided to go the the Theme Park but when we were at the entrance, it started raining. So we rested in the rooms before resuming our activities at 3 p.m. plus. The group was split into 3:

Theme Park: Me, steph, mic, sin q, lai p
Shopping: SHE, carol
Casino: Laura, ks


The first stop was spinner. Steph was anxious that it would be too 'qi kek' but ended up saying 'it is a nauseous ride'. Indeed, spinner is 'nothing but' a sophisticated swing that makes u a bit dizzy after a few turns.

Steph and I waiting for our turns. Be patient, most of the pics are with steph! Will post them up asap.


It started pouring after that so we went for pirate's train as it was 'indoor'. I know it won't be scary but I don't like the idea of being alone in a dark place. So I sat in the car with mic. Steph with Lai p. Sin q with a lil boy who queued behind us. Though they repainted the place n all, the place is even more boring now coz it was so bright inside (it was supposedly scary right?). However, lp said steph was covering her eyes throughout the journey!! =P


We then went to play Antique Car, one of my favourites as a kid. I love to be the 'driver', stepping on the accelarator. The downside of this attraction is the freaking smelly fuel!

Mic getting all excited to be the driver. She screamed so loud when there was a waterfall ahead of us (though on our left and not directly showering on us lol)




Mic and I self-shot in the antique car.


Go-Kart was our next stop. We waited really long; so we got to observe which cars are the slowest. I noticed car 2 and car 21 needed a push from the staff from the start-up, so I told everyone to avoid those cars. Lp suggested we took the row nearest to us so we all would be the last ones; so we can be together. Oh, did u know for hygiene's sake, each racer is require to wear the shower cap (lol reminded us of cgmp pharmaceutics) before wearing the helmet (so you won't dirty the helmet with your sweat and you are protected from ppl's sweat <--gosh reminded me of LIPOSOMES). When it was finally our turn, luck had it that I had to take the number 2 car T_T coz other cars were like away from the gang so I thought 'ah nevermind la, slow, slow la at least we get to be together'.  Little did I know it was that slow that I lagged behind all my friends. =(



OK I shall relate my embarrassing story AGAIN to you all this time. See I am such a nice friend. After strapping my seatbelt, I took the helmet on my right and placed on my head. I was fumbling about with the safety belt of the helmet, thinking that sth must be amissed coz I can't seem to strap it in place. IT was at that instant that I saw ppl at the line laughing. They must be laughing at me coz I was the last car.

I had astigmatisme (and I needed to visit the optical shop soon) so I couldn't see their expressions that clearly. I was wondering what was wrong when someone in the line gestured to me, only then did  I realise I wore my helmet backside-front!! OMG so MALU!!!!!


I nearly entertained the crowd for the second time. You see, when we played antique car, there wasn't brake. If you needed to stop of slow down, all you needed to do was to stop pressing the accelarator. At the last lap, I was going at full speed at the corner. Throughout my whole journey, my left leg wasn't on the brake coz there wasn't the need to. So when I released my accelerator as my car approached the start-up line, I couldn't help to wonder 'omg omg why is my car NOT slowing down as much as I want?? I am going to bump into the car parked in front!!!' LUCKILY at the last second, it hit me that there was the BRAKE at the car. I immediately stepped on it, and the car stopped to a halt. Lai p was laughing coz she realised what I just did. Thank goodness I didn't become the laughing stock for the second time. T_T


Next, we went to ride on the Corkscrew, the most exciting roller-coaster in Genting. This time, it was mic's 'sorta embarrassing's event' coz she screamed at the top of her lungs THROUGHOUT the whole ride, according to steph who sat next to her. Lai p who sat in front was laughing to herself again coz she could hear the screams at the back.


By the time we finished the ride, it was about 7 p.m. and we had to leave the park since laura they all were waiting for us for dinner. We would have tried the new pirate's ship if not because of the heavy mist earlier, and I would have loved to ride on Corkscrew one more time.


We had buffet as dinner at Coffee Terrace, Genting Hotel. It cost us RM 48.30. I would say it is worth the money as the food is fresh, there is a reasonably good variety and we were at genting, where a plate of normal noodle would cost you Rm 9.90. Btw, my all time fav high tea place will be at Lemon Garden, Shangri-La Hotel. The last time I went, I think the high tea was about RM 50 per person, and dinner buffet (which I never tried before) was about  RM 80 plus.


Coffee Terrace. Good ambience =)

The Japanese session which served fresh salmon and butter fish. Carol really ate to her heart's content, going for many rounds of salmon. It is really apt that she was voted as 'Most likely to die of sushi ovedose' by us in facbeook. Though I am not a fan of raw food, I find the salmon really fresh as there wasn't any funny taste. However, I just didn't have a thing for salmon.


I started off with the appetizer though I was so tempted to try the main course first. The reason was that with our high tea experience, it is good to start off by eating veg/fruits to facilitate digestion. That way, you won't be too full to eat to your heart's content later. Another tip is to drink water dabbed with lemon juice, as what was served at Lemon Garden.


The variety of food that we took. Yummy!


Carbonara pasta, my all time favourite. Lately I kept eating carbonara when I went out.
California Pizza Kitchen serves good carbonara too!! There was a really heavenly cheesy mashed potato too!! I asked the chef for the recipe and he shared with me to my surprise !! *I got skills ma* I shall try it one free day and if it works, I will let u all know.


The chef from Shangdong making ramen (la mian in mandarin). I really marvelled at how they made the dough into stripes of fine noodles in split seconds.


The ramen.


The nice chocolate chip cookies at the dessert session.


After that, we proceeded to caSIno. Now it is the time to unveil the reason behind the bolded letters. You see, as quite-proud as I am in my english language (pardon me for this, I have to do something to save myself from the embarassment lol) , I couldn't help to pronouce the word casino  as caSHIno time and again. I was teased countless times for that!


Steph, Mic, and I played most of our games at Casino War, a game where you didn't need to use your  brain and where the minimum bet was Rm25 (comparatively ok than others at RM50). It was a game of whether the banker of the player has the biggest card. As easy as that. We played rm5 each round by putting our bets at other ppl's pocket. Due to UNITY, we were quite lucky, at the point that steph was winning RM 35 and I was winning RM25 ( I joined in later, that was why the difference). Our luck fluctuated and we realised that we could not up our winnings to Rm40 and Rm 30 respectively, hence we decided to try out luck at 'Buy Big/Small'.


In the end, Laura was the big winner with Rm 70 plus, Steph won Rm25/Rm20 (can't rmb), Mic was happy that she won back her modal, Carol minimized her loss by stopping when she lost Rm80, sin qi stopped when she lost RM25, and I am proud to declare that I WON RM5 T_T in my virgin visit to casino.


It was a surprise bday celebration for steph, pw and ms later at night. It was still a surprise though they knew we would be celebrating with them as Laura, Lp, ks, sq, pl took great pain in planning and decorating the room.

The birthday girls! 


Note: The other pics from genting and my bday pics will be uploaded as soon as steph sent them to me. *grin at steph*

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

lols!! i still kenot stop laughing!! =D

2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home