Hiatus
- hiatus \hī-ˈā-təs\
- an interruption in time or continuity; break: a period when something (as a program or activity) is suspended or interrupted.
Which hits me: I am having WRITER'S BLOCK! My sis has always told me that she envies my ability to express myself well; 'may be you don't find it is something great, but it is something I wish I can do'. But I have often wonder, what do I blog about??
I always blog about outings with friends, emo posts, and occasionally my thoughts about certain things. I am not so much of a critical thinker to give opinions on politics, on world events. More like I am not making much effort in reading world news; something which I find really interesting when you start to look more into it (that is why I find debate fascinating).
You are what you read. You are what you do. I have read somewhere that if you keep doing something for a long time, it will become a habit. Writing is a habit that I hope I can bring to another level. Some people associate me with writing or speaking up. If I start losing this, what else do I associate myself with? I am not like some people who has a great passion in pursuing their hobbies. My sister understand exactly what I mean- she said most of us do this: hobby-hop (lols what a word!)
Imagine when my future employer asks me what I do during the weekends, the reply- 'Surfing the net. Being a couch potato. Finishing my assignment. Brisk walking. Driving.' -really don't seem to speak up for one's character. I wonder what uni life has done to me. I guess I should take charge and do something about it. It scares me that I am going to turn 22 this year(I refuse to say that I am 22 now, thank you very much) and I am supposed to be more matured, independent, and decisive. I am supposed to be more 'young-adult' like as I am no longer a teenager. (Never mind the fact that teenager is a term that left me when I turned 20 back then.)
I know this post doesn't quite fit into this festive season. hehe. However, rest assured that my mood is a joyous one-one that reflects the festive season! May the year of the Rat will be a great one for all of us! ^_^
1 Comments:
Heh, didn't know you actually updated your blog. Yeah, I think you have writer's block, but no worries, you still can express yourself well! I guess it's because of the sales and all, that made you "neglect" this blog lol.
Ha, I get what you mean. Some people will ask: what do you do for fun? And then I realise: nothing. I can't say reading, can I? Of course they aren't academic books, but still, you can't say that.
Well, hope you'll start blogging again. :)
Post a Comment
<< Home