<~Out of the Blue~>

Saturday, June 07, 2008

My Other Elective

Remember me setting a to-do list before the holz? Well, I am really proud that I am doing most of the things I planned to do...like COOKING!!


It could be the boredom of the holz, the realisation that I am turning 22 this November, the need to take charge of the household when mum keeps sis accompanied in hospital this October, or the possibility that I may get sent to some faraway places *fingers crossed* for my pupilage year that spurred me to take up cooking for REAL this time. Not that I couldn't cook prior to this, but the usual stuff I cooked were carbonara pasta, 'special sauce' pasta, korean mee & other instant noodles...


So it is back to basics: cooking bayam, daun ubi keledek, kangkun & frying eggs... sorrie no pics available for that hehe..


Then the other day I fried rice for my sisters and I while my parents went out! They approved of the taste lols..




With the Dumpling's Festival around the corner, mum made dumplings ala nyonya style. I learnt to wrap the dumplings, and was proud this time round, there was no 'leakage' (as opposed to my 1st attempt some time back) when the dumplings I wrapped were boiled.


How could I tell which dumplings were wrapped by me?



U see, I tied a yellow rafia string at the ones I wrapped!! ^_^


Could u spot the dumpling(s) that I wrapped in this pic?


Yummy! Next time, I shall learn how to make the fillings =)

2 Comments:

Blogger Pepperpourri said...

Yo go girl! Now...you have a few occupations, let's see: pharmacist, future politician (?), chef (spaghetti carbonara si-fu)...and of course, not forgetting, ms editor!

Do I get to taste any of the dumplings (or anything that you cooked)? Hehe. Looks incredibly tasty. My grandma makes perfect dumplings but not anymore because of her age.

11:14 PM  
Blogger Po Leen said...

By the time the festival comes around again, youll forget how to wrap. lol. sorry to dampen hopes, but it's true, haha.

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home