Listening!!
Have you all ever come across someone who just exudes the aura? The poise, the gentleman-ness(for males)/elegance(for females)? The leadership qualities, the eloquency in speaking? I am sure you all have, at least MC-ians have.
So what do we do, when someone just outshines us? Don't get me wrong here, these people aren't those kiasu or kiasu-wannabes. It's just something that is inherent in them.
The answer, to me, is simple-LISTEN. Listening is such an important skill, yet not many people can really appreciate it and above all, practise it. We have encountered that in our lives, for instance, in club meeting, whereby the prdinary members were trying to make a point, yet those ppl in the BOARD seem to be so busy to 'listen'.
For me, if someone is just so shining, I will listen. Take, for example, our dear Mr. Headprefect, Andrew. yeah, he can be so 'andrew' at times, yet he is one of those whom I look up to. He speaks of something which I don't reallyl know or can't give intelligent comments to; well, i listen. You all have no idea how much you gain from listening.
For my PBL session, which ended to day for sem2, I have been listening and observing throughout. I learnt for the leaders who charied the presentation, what impressed me, I try to emulate; the flaws, I try to avoid. Yeah, today's session was chaired by me. I am really happy and appreciative for what Dr. Ong has to say during the feedback session.
"you have no problem in communication skills. You can chair the session well, and I can see the leadership qualities in you. You just have to be careful not to be too domineering."
Lol. Leadership qualities, hmm, I am so bad in pharmacy le.But one thing I notice, I can talk, as in I can communicate with DECENT people well. And when I talk to decent people, the smile just springs out from the bottom of my heart-as in a genuine one. Of course, This side of me ,is not shown to every1. I mentioned DECENT people, remember?I mean, this is just me.
So Mr. Tearful, stop your 'I told you so-very lui yan talk' to me. there's a fine line between constructive, tactful comments; and comments from one who can't speak well in English and carry his points, but is not not being happy with others who can make a point. Time to reflect-yes, I do talk more than the others, and that is because they DON"T talk!! and I never interrupt my members, I give credits to them when I did the summary at the end. There are those who are good in my group too-steph and SY. It's great to have you in the sharing group. Otherwise, I may not see what professionalism is all about.
On the last note, guys who are tactful and have good listening skills never fail to impress me. I really HATE guys who have excessive male ego and think they are ALWAYS right.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home