The Best Gift
Over the years, I have learnt that:-
The best gift is not necessarily the expensive one,
Though a ring from Tiffany & Co. is every girl’s ideal wedding ring =P
And no one will complain when he/she is showered with lifelong supply of Godiva chocolates.
I have realized what is the best gift to me,
It is one that conveys your care and concern to me.
It is the ‘Diary of Elizabeth Wakefield’ when I said I enjoy reading diaries.
It is the Topshop handbag we all bought together as my birthday present.
It is little things that I received when I least expect it.
Things like what you got from HK,
Chocolates that you got me all the way from Australia,
though you left us in form 4.
It brightens up my day,
When you pass the collection of Christmas songs to me (though a free gift from church),
Remembering that I mentioned to you-that I like hymns and Christmas songs.
It is when you noticed that I like sentimental songs,
That you burnt those songs that you think I will enjoy,
You even realized that I like “Graduation” though I have never mentioned to you.
Who will wonder words can mean so, so much?
Though it is in emails, written with our own spiced-up language,
Though it is a Birthday Card that travels over hills and mountains,
From UK right to my mailbox,
Though it is not your handwriting, yet the very exact words,
Written by someone who means as much to me as you,
Someone who lifts me up with smses,
With words of wisdom, encouragement, and herself who is ever so bubbly.
It is unfair to leave out,
You whom I can just break down and cry,
And let it all out, though you are younger than me,
Though I make u carry Royce all the way,
You never really complained in front of me.
You, You, You and You!
All of Y-O-U,
Out of sight at times, but never,
Out of mind.
I am here to thank Y-O-U,
For all the rays of sunshine which you all have brought to me.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home