Fruit of Success
Today is the DAY. The day to hand in our portfolio-5 of them, on atheroma, shock, heart failure, leukaemia and myocardial infarction. After all the hard work from the 4 of us (one group), going through 1st and 2nd review by Prof Yeoh, finally we get the whole thing done. Without this portfolio experience, I doubt very much that I would have been digging the library for the information needed. Trust me, lecture noteas and problem based learning (PBL) sessions are enough to suck all the energy out of you. At times, the lecture notes can be so brief that you have not a clue on the topic covered. So you try to search for more info from those 'beautifully written' books(quoted by my lecturer) in the library-those which have no colours, intimidating words, derivation of formulas meant for others and NOT ME.One of my fren put it really well- Lecture notes are not sufficient, reference books are too sufficient! Now do I see a show of hands on those who agree with me?
In order not to stray too much from my title, hmm, I shall talk about reaping the fruit of success. I guess using the 'word' of success is a bit too big, however, success is relative right? It is how you see it. It doesn't mean that we have to get the perfect marks to deem ourselves successful. Take the organic chem class test for instance, those who have been 'connecting' with me must have know that this time round, i did put it effort as much as i hate memorizing those mechanisms and reactions. So yeah, there were 15 questions, which take up a chunk of 15% of our finals. The good thing is i think i fared pretty well, though results is yet to come out. I feel like I have improved on myself -on having the courage to face my FEAR, my most dreaded thing. Thank you, Ling, for that phrase I still hold dear to heart 'Life is not juzt about being a professional, it is about trying hard enough to get what you really want so that you will have NO REGRETS later.' Wonder how the self-proclaimed 'blur blur case' ling can come out with sth which have such a great impact on me? haha,Ling is some1 who never fail to surprise us-take her chun driving skills for instance(it is so GOOD!), oh well, not to mention her blurness also- stay STILL in the sane (the song, Stay The Same). muahahaha.Counting down for the days to see u, ling, as well as others who are in overseas! Love you all loads.
So yeah, my fellow frens, let's strive for our semester 2 finals. Let's SUCK up all the luck, energy, motivation and all (from who I wonder? Ah, i know ,from those super super geniuses, and those hypocrites who claim that they don't study unti llike, 2 days b4 exams.haha) for our final lap in this semester! Jia You!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home