The Return of The Blogging Queen
Do forgive me for the self-proclaimed title=P. I have been so busy that I had put my blogging interest-cum-duty at a backseat. Finally my sem 5 ended yesterday; no more management project, community pharmacy logbook, medication review presentation, radiopharm project etc to deal with! *phew* My study break has just begun, but I shall grant myself a few days of real holidays!
Now the updates that most of you are waiting for--'My Uni' Cup Cheerleading Competition. There were 7 teams who vied for the trophy- our team, Elektra, consists of 25 bpharm students. Another pharmacy team, made up of our juniors, is called Spartans.

Click HERE for the performance of Elektra at youtube!! At at column in the site, there shows a few other videos of the other team's performance. Do click on them (if you wish) and tell me
which teams you think should get first, second, third in your opinion. ^_^
Time and again, I have heard about the biasness of 'my uni' cup due to the fact that 'the cup' 's commitee are medical students. Part of me always do not believe in that simply because I have many good friends in medic and there are really nice people. Yet, the results of 'the cup' this year had to prove me wrong, in that the staff does have an inclination to the particular batch of students who are leaving our uni. Laura has a point;
if this biasness is to be a tradition, why not just let 1 team perform in
'my uni' cup and not waste other teams' effort???
So we didn't win. Personally, I know we are not the outstanding champion (The champion, in my opinion, should have been Spartans), but I know our performance had the potential to be the top three; the past pharmacy leader of the champion team told us so,the audience during our practice sessions told us so. You know what placing we got?? 5th out of the 7 teams!
The Parrot team used chairs which are not even props of a cheerleading competition.
Yesterday, my friend told me that a mpharm guy said that the Planet team actually 'got their inspiration' from last year's champion, the pharmacy team.
Alright, I have my share of voicing out my opinion. People may think I am bitter coz we didn't win; but really, we do understand that judges' decisions are final. After the results were announced on that night, we proceeded to the dance room and danced
the final time for ourselves. The memories that we had, the bonding session that we had, the respect that we gained from the audience, are reasons for Elektra to be proud of. Somehow, if I hear our cheer songs, the dance moves will surface in my mind.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home