Election
Thank goodness I am in the list. When I heard that people who registered after a certain date will not get to vote in the coming General Election, I was hoping that I didn't pass the due date during registration since..well, it is just not so nice to be casting my virgin vote at the age of 27 instead of 22.
Do check your registration status/polling centre HERE.
My polling centre is only 5 mins walking distance (less if I jog/run =p) from my house!! ^_^ *laugh at those who have to brace through the traffic jam =p*
Not to say election is a very big deal to us normal citizens; politics is always dirty and most people have succumbed to the 'tidak apa' attitude after years of disappointment. To me, though it seems highly impossible that the certain party will ever be denied the 2/3 majority (we all have heard about what goes behind closed doors), we as the citizens should at least exercise our right to vote. It is a right that should not be taken for granted. So many people in other parts of the world had fought and died for the right to vote. Women were once not given the rights to vote.
If you have grouses or displeasure towards the current system, show it by casting your vote. There should be a check-and-balance in the Parliament!! For something to be carried out well, there should be good leaders as well as followers. There aren't many people who are as selfless, dedicated, and have the persistent attitude to speak up like those in the Opposition Party. (frankly I think that the term 'opposition' gives a rather negative image of the parties. It is not like they are 'opposing' every single motion, it is merely because their stance is different from the ruling party. Say, one day the 'opposition party' gets a 2/3 majority, the current ruling party will then be the 'opposition party' isn't it?) But the least we can do is to exercise our rights to vote. The important people need commoners like us as there is power in numbers. ^_^
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home