I am Back!
It's been more than a month since I last blogged; due to my laziness during the holidays, things that I had wanted to blog about such as the Beauty & The Beast Musicals and Kuching Trip have not found their ways to this blog.
On Presentation
Sem 7 has started, and yesterday I had finally got over with the the major presentation of all presentations so far (I do realise that there is a 'more' major one awaiting us- the thesis defence presentation). The Q and A session was ok, though I do not know how ok they were with my answers/responses. I used the word 'responses' coz to me, some Qs don't really have a fixed answer, it is how you respond to them.
And I so know Mr. Blink's 'style', who believes that the volume of a journal should be bolded in Vancouver Convention. Trust me, I even have the document showing the proper Vancouver Convention in my pen drive (the one that the ultimate Chairlady has always followed), but because I respect you, I didn't open the document and show all that were present. Instead, I chose to clarify with the Chairlady during the break, which she replied 'The version without bolding is used too. I will let everybody know.' Now I hope Mr. Blink will get it and stop finding faults with our presentation in terms of referencing! =p
On Separate Dispensing
Of late, I had written to the Chairlady (whose knowledge, humility and professionalism I look highly upon) about the letter that a few of us had worked on some time beg, and hope that with her role in The Society, she could give us some advice. She forwarded my letter to the immediate past president of The Society, Mr. JC, who gave some feedback on how I can revise my letter.
Quoting his reply:
'I am delighted over (the uni's name here) pharmacy students' proactive stance on pharmacy
issues like DS. It is ashamed to curb their enthusiasm in wanting to write to the press but it appears a bit out of timing to do so now but if they modify their approach perhaps it is still OK partly as an information write-up, provided the editors would publish it.
It could start with why they took up pharmacy as first choice because the career prospect is less rigid than a medical education but still enabled them to be involved in health care.'
I always believe that, if you would like to do well in your presentation/speech/making a point, you need to believe in them yourself, really know what you are going to talk about, and have passion in it. I find it hard to write about why I chose pharm as my first choice now; thus for the letter, I will be incorporating views of others like that of kk. really, at times I find it hard to answer to ppl why I took up pharmacy because the reasons are no longer applicable, so ppl should just stop asking me that.
The Chairlady also told me that, '(The Society) is working very hard on the Dispensing Separation issue right now. We are preparing for the Pilot project for DS by MOH in various cities in different states in Malaysia in Jan 2009.'
At least, a light at the end of the tunnel, no matter how dim it is. I can't understand why some doctors in the medical profession are so obsessed with us having DS, it is the pharmacists' inherent rights! Do your diagnosis job and leave the rest for other healthcare professionals. I don't believe that doctors are 'master of all'.
On Meeting a Nice Doctor
I went to the clinic in Sri P for an antitetanus jab as I would be working with mice in my research. The dr. who attended to me was Dr. C. He was skeptical as to why I would want a jab now, for he said I could always get one when I got bitten (preferably within 24 hours).
'So if I just walk out of the clinic now without a jab, what about your consultation fee?'
'It is ok. I am fine.'
Now, how often do you find a dr. who is NOT money minded, and would tell his patients what they need/need not frankly, and let them make their choice?
'So, if I get a jab now, do I still need to get one when I get bitten next time?'
'You don't need it. This will give your protection for 5 years.'
Well, as I was chatting with him, things like these were running in my mind. "I waited for some time in this clinic, I might as well get it now." "I feel paiseh too to walk out of the clinic after him having spent time talking to me." "But I can always get the jab when I get bitten.."
As I was deciding if I should get it, Dr. C sorta made a decision for me. 'I may as well give you the injection now, since your friends had had it and you may be worried'. Well actually I wasn't worried about my 'safety' in that sense, as you can tell from my inner monologues.
Dr. C is the doctor besides my family doctor, who has good skills in giving injection: very minimal pain! He said thank you when I told him that. (note: I experience post-injection pain on the following day)
Although we may come across anecdotal cases of a good dr. or pharmacists, there are many bad apples out there. And so long as they are present, the road to separate dispensing is a long one indeed.
On Random Stuff
I watched Journey to The Centre of The Earth (3D) with my friend yesterday. It will be a good one when you watch it the first time; but I doubt so for the second. There is general no story line, it is the effects that made the movie worth watching. So, either you watch the 3D version, or don't watch it at all.
=) MNG is on sale now!! I bought a new formal pants <3 it!
I have to start working on my written proposal now, the first draft needs some major reshaping and addition of info. Bye for now!
2 Comments:
finally......
How was the 3D movie? Didn't hear you talking about going to watch it.
You bought a pants!!! Show me show me! No wonder you were asking me the other day, naughty you lol. I actually tried a pants in MNG during sales (probably the same pair you tried?) but it didn't fit :( so I didn't buy it.
Btw, I didn't know you got a reply from JC! OMG! The man himself! Haha. You didn't mention wan...or maybe I wasn't listening? ;)
Post a Comment
<< Home