Absence Makes the Hearts-Fonder/Wander?
I was having a chat with my UK fren and he told me something like, ‘I need a gf to hang out with n all, the guys are always playing.’Haha, shallow it may seem, but behind the simple line lies some much-thought of issues too.
I was also hinting him *pulling his legs* that if by 3rd year I don’t get a bf, I am going to like send signals to him.haha.Coz if u can’t find the one in a decent place like uni, don’t expect anything more than a OK guy in the workplace. Who knows what monstrous guys you will meet?
I guess guys need gf coz they don’t really open up to their buddies ‘heng dai’. Moreover, only gals like U-S =) are patient enough to listen to them and not prick their male ego. We always know when to give him a ladder to step back don’t we? As for us gals, we need guys to bring the sunshine so that the rain doesn’t fall on us.
Another day I was reading this article in the Stars about Long Distance Relationship (LDR). So I would like to write down my thoughts in this issue.
A few frens of mine have given their opinions on this issues too. Majority of the guys are NOT in favour of LDR.The guy above is one of them. That’s why he ‘rejected’ me on the spot =P saying that LDR is hard to maintain.
Someone also told me that, ‘LDR cannot last.’
Another guy,yk, told me that,’ it is hard. It’s like I don’t know when u are sad and when u need me to comfort u.’
So you see, if i had a bf, and he was in overseas, I wouldnt be able to turn to him at the moment of sadness, when i needed him most. I wouldn't dare to call, for fear that he might be sleeping or attending lectures or having lunch. I would be so empty. And the next time he called, he probably wouldnt know what I have been through *unless he have superb sixth sense* So we wouldn't be able to pick up from where we left and catch up at the same 'wavelength'.
I know those ppl who are pro-LDR will probably point out that, 'now we are living in a high tech world. Got MSN,webcam, skype, i talk, so everyone can stay connected.' Well, to me, nothing beats face-to-face communication. And over the phone arguments can get quite messy.
Imagine these 2 scenarios:
1. My bf is here with me. One day he told me about this 'hot/chun' gal in his uni. I would merajuk right away, and gave him the 'cool shoulder'.Then he will have to memujuk me back and assure me that his heart stays with me..bla bla bla and things will settle then.
2. My bf is in UK, he text msg me and told me amidst our 'conversation' that today there was this girl who 'looked nice in a mini skirt' in the library. So what happens next can be quite dramatic, bcoz interpretation of smses can be of different level. What I perceive may not be what you are trying to convey. So this will only widen the gap between him and I, don't you all think so?
That's why, the sayings 'Absence makes the hearts go fonder' has been changed to 'Absence makes the hearts go WANDER' by the writer. You see, there are all these 'aggresively initiative' girls out there who prey on decent guys. haha. And guys being guys, cannot resist temptation oh! So they minds and hearts may wander, and the next second, our hearts are broken. =(
Of course, everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but I am not so in favour of it, for sure. Do share with me any instance of successful LDR that you all know of. It will be so sweet to hear.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home