Fantabulous Middle Lang Trip
Before I proceed, do allow me to explain some things. Fantabulous has been coined by ME to mean fantastic+fabulous. Middle Lang was coined by yew horng to mean Lang Tengah, the chun island which we spent 3 days 2 nights at. ^_^ I am a person who blogs spontaneously, So I apologise for any spelling errors(i am so lazy to proofread); and since it is spontaneous, everything is REAL, meaning that I really share my inner thoughts here. For those who still don't get it after reading my blog for so long, you may stop reading now. haha. and I mean NOW. No point proceeding if you are going to get the wrong picture oh!! ^_^
23/6/06(Friday)
5 a.m.: arrived at the bus station. Took a taxi to Marang Jetty.
11 a.m.: Arrived at the chun D'Coconut Lagoon. I LOVE this pl;ace coz it is hygienic, comfortable yet retaining the 'beach' feel. The swimming pool is an added bonus!!
3 p.m.: snorkelling in the deep blue sea
Evening: fun at swimming pool!!
We had a Mr. Lang Tengah Handsome Pageant and the contestants are shown in the pic below. The winners are:
Mr. Lang Tengah: Timothy Cheang-for winning the 'race' in carrying me in pool
Mr. D'Coconut: Ng Ming Hong-for having the courage to be in the pool DEEPER than his height though he can't swim
Mr. 2nd-runner up: Andrew-for being 'I ain't no toyboy'
At night: Card games and drinking session in my room!!
How can we forget the notorious KING MAO game which got all of us banging on the bed.haha. To get the severity of the frustration, u can judge by the fact that some girls threw our first King Mao-Mary, into the pool.
As for card games, it was down to mc guys and st john guys. I had to drink as well when t'he guys picked me to drink when mc guys lost.I finally found my drink-ABSOLUT VANILLA=)Tried red wine, rum and beer last time but never really like it. Mung Ling and I got a bit high but we were sane. Ming Hong, however, got drunk eventually.For a replay, kindly ask brandon for the video clip. I shall not disclose anything for fear of offending mh oh.
24/6/06(Saturday)
Morning: 'rock climbing' and visit to squarepoint resort, took loads of group pics
Late Morning: Tim, edward, yih her and I went for a swim. The rest had lunch.
Afternoon: Mahjong session for some; swmming for some.
For more adventurous people like me,mary,paddy boy,edward,yih her and st john guys, we went snorkelling at the north of lang tengah all the way to south. (not far ya)
Evening: mahjong for some, volleyball and kayakking (tim and sarah) for others
At night: All hail King Mao and drinking session
Quotable Quotes
Why must it be TEAM ('Tim') Hoi? Why can't it be Team Ng?
~Ming Hong, on me allocating him to the room of TIM, hoi and edward
Oh my gosh, it is harry kewell!!
~Patrick, on what ming hong said after ming hong got drunk
Bring it On Za!!
~Ming Hong, after getting high
Wow, our cards are powderful!
~Hoi, on Mc guys getting blackjack
Serious Stuff
1. Patience is a virtue
On the way back from lang tengah, our tyre got punctured. We were at a rest stop at pahang; we just crossed the border of pahang-terengganu. Since sunday it a working day in terengganu, we had to turn back to get it fixed. This means DELAY in our arrival time.
When we travel, unforeseen circumstances do happen. We must be ready to expect the unexpected so that any minor blunder will not spoil our fantabulously planned trip.
2. Should I take it a step further?
I have always thought that I will not further my studies after getting my bachelor degree. things have been so hard and wan wan is a person who detests rat race. There were times I doubted myself if I can complete my first degree. However, a chat with edward in the taxi made me ponder deeper. He told me he planned to get his masters in UK and later on MBA in US. His dad said that everyone has a degree now, so where u have been-shows adaptibility and this is what those employers are looking for.
So I was thinking, hmm, there may be a possibility that I can take a step further and do a posgraduate studies. I know it is all too soon to talk about,but I believe that in life, we should have a goal. It doesn't matter if we can achieve it in the end, but at least we have something to work towards. If I were to do masters, I probably do Clinical Pharmacy. I do roughly know where my interest lies. The question is, will I be qualified to do a masters? It all relies on how well I fare in my bachelor degree. Semester 3 is starting soon, I will improve on my study and understanding stamina this time round too. Wish me luck! Oh by the way, which country is really good for its health science? I want to study in a place where the hospitals are really strong in pharmacy service. UK? Australia? I am SURE I won't go USA-i don't really like that place.
What university? I have good impression on London School of Pharmacy since my godmother's son studied there and he is a very successful pharmacist working in UK now.
League table is a reference, but I am not a person who is hardcore on the ranking on the univerisity. People who strictly follow ranking are shallow.I think there is MORE to a university than its ranking. Some rankings are there because the uni fork out $$ for the sponsorship of the survey of university, some got good rankings because they are active in certain fields. This does NOT mean that it is good ib everything-from engineering, social sciences to health sciences.
3. Next stop: Mount Kinabalu!!
My sis has been there and the view is breathtaking. I have been to Mount Fuji and Mount Kintamani (in Bali) and they wre awesome!
I welcome people who are genuinely and decisively interested in a trip to Mount Kina with true friends. This means that you will help out in the planning too!
Wan wan needs PAMPERSHIP now, NOT leadership. haha. She wants to feel how it is like NOT organising a trip. Anyone up for Mount Kina in at least one year time? save $$ oh!!
p/s: I am blogging this in a friend's house at a gathering. This goes to show how much dedication I have for a trip and trust me, a depressed person cannot do anything that I just did. ^_^ I will upload the pics on photobucket once I get my broadband. I may post it here,depending on my mood to WAIT for pics to load. Rest assured that I will let u all know about the photobucket address ya.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home