Ai Mei
Please DO NOT let this post over-dominate my POST TORTURE THERAPY. please, make sure u read every single plans of mine =P thanks
I was listening to this song while taking a break from my quest in the world of organic chemistry. Argh.
It was sung in mandarin, and after listening to it for three times to get the lyrics in mandarin, I got the translation.
I wonder how many people have felt this way? Baed on conversations and chats with people like sara and all, I think most people must have felt it (usually girls, coz u guys can’t DECIDE what u want=P)
I think it is so hard to find an English word for ‘Ai Mei’. Do let me know if anyone of you all can think of a better word. Ai Mei means, neither here nor there, getting stuck in grey area, having something MORE than good friendship but not love.
Platonic Relationship (Ai Mei)
Yang Chen Ling
Chorus
*Platonic relationship makes one feel miserable
Can’t seem to find the evidence of love
When shall we move ahead?
When shall we give up?
Don’t even have the courage to hug each other*
I can only accompany you thus far
There are some things that have exceeded friendship
But not to the extent of love
The raining scene at a distance
Shall I let my tears stream down?
Is it you or me who is thinking too much?
I don’t feel satisfied
And start to suspect
The person in front of me
Is it the same you in reality? <----This is so true (sara u get it?)
Chorus
Platonic relationship makes one sensible
Understanding that waiting has lost its significance
It is a pity that
There’s no ending for both of us
Let the beauty of regret
Comes to a standstill at this point
1 Comments:
" I can only accompany you thus far, There are some things that have exceeded friendship, But not to the extent of love..... "
I can relate :(
Haha yea i know what you mean. It's annoying isn't it? But maybe it happens both ways, like the guy would feel the same too. Time tells i guess...
Post a Comment
<< Home