It is Nothing but...
...the sum of the kinetics and potential energy.'
....the law of conservation of energy, whereby the internal energy in an isolated system is constant.'
That is how some of my lecturers like to DEFINE something. He always start off with 'It is nothing but....' With the indian accent that he has, lol, it can be so funny when he is definining things.
Anyway i just had the PHYSICAL PHARMACY paper. Spoiler Alert: Now if some Mr Kiasu aka Mr korean-mee-hair thinks this post is going to bring back memories from singapore JC that has been etched at the back of his mind, plz STOP reading right now. You have been warned.
The paper is so TOUGH, it is the toughest paper so far. Not many calculations, a LOT of explanations. EVIL LECTURERS!Now to enlighten you, physical pharmacy is a module whereby we learn about thermodynamics, chemical kinetics, solubility and factors affecting it, polymorphism and crystals, SURFACTANTS and surface tension, adsorption at interface.
Now I wish the ENGINEERING faculty will make those future engineers study:
~HAEMATOLOGY (blood and its composition, disorder of blood)
after all, we have to learn about viscosity, rheology, laminar flow,turbulent flow (in their fluid mechanics) so they may as well be MADE to widen their knowledge.
~PHYSICAL PHARMACY
if we have to learn thermomodynamics and kinetics, why can;t you all enlarge your vision (NOT to mention burst your brain cells) by learning why drugs are more efficient in eutectics system, how polyphorphism affects bioavailabilty and why SURFACE TENSION is so important in formulation of drugs.
~PHARMACOLOGY (what the body does to the drug, what the drug does to the body, how long it take for the drug to have effect, receptors and MORE receptors)
If I have to learn up about the clearance time, plasma half life, steady state, threshold concentration of drugs, why shouldn't they be made to learn about the NERVES, receptors and drugs like reserpine, pilocarpine, captopril, enalapril? *EVIL GRIN*
~PHARMACEUTICS (various dosage forms like suspension, emulsion, solution, storage and shelf life-involves viscosity, surface tension, forces)
If I have to learn that the difference between colloid and emulsion is because of particle size, that changing the angle between the interface of solid and air can reduce surface tension, why shouldn't they widen their horizon by learning that there is a difference between intramuscular, subcutaneous, intravenous injection? muahahahaha
ok before I get carried away, I have a question:
why does the bloody insect get stuck by the fluid in the pitcher plant though its exoskeleton is made of chitin which is insoluble in water?
This came out as a 4-mark subquestion!!!
I couldn't think so I did other questions first, then when I came back, DENG!! something struck me; and later on I found out form my lecturer that I got the concept correct.
Hint: The picher plant secretes the fluid which contain a SURFACTANT which lowers the surface tension. still, how can it exert effect on the insect's legs made of chitin?
Answer: Surfactants increase the WETTING property of the fluid, just like, there is this pesticide formulated with surfactant which enhances its wetting property, so that when it is sprayed onto plants, there will cover more surface area.
This is NOT TO BRAG; I am so glad to find out that i am NOT STUPID- I can still think. ^_^
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home