<~Out of the Blue~>

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Monologue with Myself

So you have sorrow now, but I will see you again and your hearts will rejoice, and no one will take your joy from you.
John 16:22 RSV

Slowness to anger makes for deep understanding; a quick-tempered person stockpiles stupidity.
Proverbs 14:29 THE MESSAGE

1. Sometimes we see the BAD things and we fail to see the good thing in others. I can't please everyone so I am living with it. Everyone has imperfections; therefore I don;t ask the guys who smoke to quit smoking, I don't ask the guys who use foul language to quit using that, and I don't ask a person who wasn't close to me back then to stop adding salt to my healing wounds by digging my story with the pretext that 'I am concerned for you'. Because you would BE THERE when it happened, NOT after. If I am happy now, you should send me your well wishes, not trying to dig my past.

2. Self-reflection is so important indeed. That's why I am grateful for I am blessed with true friends who tell me things that fake people will NOT. I am thankful that my true friends accept me for who I am, and like I said before,
We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person.
~W. Somerset Maugham

3. Many analogies have been given for the 'untamed tongue'. Quarles likened it to a drawn sword that takes a person prisoner: 'A word unspoken is like the sword in the scabbard, thine; if vented, thy sword is in another's hand.'
Others have described evil speaking as:
A pistol fired in the mountains, the echo of which is intensified until it sounds like thunder.

A snowball that gathers size as it rolls down a mountain.

Perhaps the greatest analogy, however, is one given by a little child who came running to her mother in tears.
'Did your friend hurt you?'
Yes,' said the girl.
'Where?' sked her mother.
'Right here,' said the child, pointing to her heart.

Ask God to place a watch over your tongue. Your words have the power to hurt and tear down, but they also have the power to heal and build up.
So God, please guide me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home