<~Out of the Blue~>

Friday, June 30, 2006

of Fate and Destiny

Both are convinced
that a sudden surge of emotion bound them together
Beautiful is such a certainty
but uncertainty is more beautiful
Beacuse they didn't know each other earlier
they suppose that nothing was happening between them.

What of streets, stairways, corridors,
where they could have passed each other a long time ago?
I would liek to ask them
perhaps in a revolving door, ever meet face to face?
or an 'excuse me' in crowd?
or a voice 'wrong number' in a receiver?

But I know their answer
No, they can't remember
They would be greatly astonished
To learn that for a long time
Chance had been playing with them

Not yet wholly ready to transform into fate for them
It approached them, then backed off
Stood in their way
And, suppressing a giggle
jumped to the side.

Adapted from the poem 'Love At First Sight' by Wislawa Symborska', in the movie 'Turn Left, Turn Right'

p/s: I am writing this in some lousy cyber cafe tucked in a small town called sg. siput near Ipoh.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home