My List of World Cup Awards
Disclaimer: The list is solely my personal opinion so don't be sad if your man of the match didn't make it here. ^_^
All Stars
Criteria: Attractive in his own style, either having good features or the 'force of nature' that makes him stand out from the rest.
(Order not of significance though Gerrald is my ultimate idol=P )
1. Steven Gerrard (England)
2. Miroslav Klose (Germany)
3. Iker Carsillas (Spain)
4. Joe Cole (England)
5. Kaka (Brazil)
6. Zinedine Zidane (France)
7. Thierry Henry (France)
8. Paul Robinson (England)
9. Francesco Totti (Italy)
10. Fernando Torres (Spain)
11. Lukas Podolski (Germany)
12. Michael Ballack (Germany)
The Awards (Order signifies ranking)
Most 'yeng' goalkeeper:
(1)Iker Carsillas (Spain)
(2) Paul Robinson (England)
Most good-looking coach : Klinsmann (Germany)
Most agitated coach:
(1) Guus Hiddink (Australia)
(2) Scolari (Portugal)
Most determined player: Christiano Ronaldo (Portugal)
Best captain: Zinedine Zidane (France)
Best defender: John Terry (England)
Most 'yeng' header scorer: Steven Gerrard (England)
Most deserving red card player cum kiasu player: Wayne Rooney (England)
Best teamspirit:
(1) Germany
(2) Spain
(3) France
Most disapponting team: England
(I supported them to the semi-finals-I don't think they deserve to go further anyway. But their performance as a TEAM is below par; no point having stevie, henry, joe cole or aaron lennon if people like lampard kept missing goals-I counted, it was MORE THAN 20, and people like crouch who are there just as a goal post, waiting for a header to literally drop from the sky.)
Most 'zha dou' match: Australia versus Japan in the knockout stage
(Despite the fact that aussies are just violent creatures on the field, I lost RM 20 in the match!! So I stopped betting totally after that.)
Most violent team: Australia
The team that I was hoping will shine more to get endorsement: Togo
(The players had to pay their own $ for the world cup as the government redused to sponsor. They even boycotted training session to show their displeasure. I really hope that poor countries like Togo get endorsements because their life is a huge contrast with that of England players.)
Most shocking behaviour: Zinedine Zidane (France)
I was so shocked when I saw him turned back upon walking a few steps, and then charged into MAterazzi's chest like a bull. Zidane has always been a rserved and unonffensive person so that was so shocking! If it were Rooney I can understand 100%; but why Zizou must end his football career with a red card? This is a far cry from the fairy tale exit that he deserves. Materazzi must have hurled really hurtful remarks at him, and there could be a possibility that when Zizou played at Italy club last time, Materazzi who is a violent player, has offended Zizou somewhat. At least this is what I believe in, Zizou just can't sink to the level of Wayne Rooney!
Do I think Italy deserve the Cup? Actually I feel that France played better in the 90-minute finals. When the match went into extra time, I really dreaded it as I had a feeling it was going to go into penalty shoot-out as well. And that means France is most likely to lose since their have quite a lousy goalkeeper, Bartheiz.
Did I mention that I so want the FIFA to do away with the 30-minute of agonizing extra time and just go straight to penalty shoot-out? The wait is just too much to bear!! Anyway Italy played better in other matches; and I really wanted Germany to win it as I think they have the magical teamspirit and several rising stars. Oh well, here is to Germany in the World Cup in 2010! ^_^
1 Comments:
i think the most 'zha dou' match is the socceroos vs. italy match. to give a penalty in the last minute is just sad. and the poor guy neill went from aussie hero to zero..
and i think zidane's headbutt was such a sad end to his career too...
Post a Comment
<< Home