<~Out of the Blue~>

Monday, January 29, 2007

The Journey So Far...

Since wy mentioned that she was expecting a post here and didn't see it when she last read, I decided to update this blog when I should be doing my portfolio. Haha. Anyway the initial plan was to post up pics from shin's birthday party and dedicate a post to her but then the pics are still with aiky so please be patient. (anyway she will be uploading them on her blog too)



Just some updates on how the new sem has been:
1. I am in 3rd or 4th week of sem 4 now; it is deemed the toughest and most hectic sem by lecturers and seniors. There is this sayings 'if u can pass sem 4, u can graduate from the course' So this sem I vow to review my notes on weekends, eventhough I may not cover all but at least I am reading them. Steph and I promised to remind each other about our resolutions, and looks like we are changing for GOOD.



2. Since more workload + tougher stuff = more study time + more resting time, I have quitted debate club for this sem (the meetings are at 7pm omg!! after a long day of lecture some more) I hope I am able to make time for it next sem; but I will still join ___ (My uni's name) Cup in september and hopefully the national health science debate in dec (the one I joined last year).





3. My uni is going to have a carnival cum charity run in conjuction with its 15th anniversary. It is to raise RM50k (targeted) for 2 orphanages (they do not even have steady income to pay fr electrical and water bills) and it will be open to public. We all can already expect the standard required by the upper management (ie those board of directors who handed the task to us students) because the even will be in sept and planning starts NOW already!!



If you read my friendster blog, you will know that it will be a joint effort by the medical and pharmacy students. The medical students are in charge of charity run whereas pharmacy students are involved in organizing the carnival (food, games). I got pretty excited when my friends started to recruit commitee members; it sorta make an otherwise pretty routine uni days more interesting-something to look forward to (like the imu ball, to be mentioned below). It brings back good (and bad too) old memories of interact days... After much consideration, I volunteered myself, I decided to strike a balance and told them not be put me as the head of the subgroup. Now I am helping out in the food commitee.


When the day draws near, I am going to invite you all who are here yeah =) come support us and check out potentials ones *ahem* haha



4. The ball is going to be in april as usual; and during dispensing I was delighted when carol asked me if I am going-because carol, laura, michi and all plan to go =) this is so cool!! I thought nobody will be intested yet coz we are not the graduating batch. But really, events like this give you things to anticipate n bond with with friends.. So hope we all get to have enough (happening) *self-proclaimed* =P people to book a table. It is more fun to habe 'kaki lang' at the same table!!



5. I am keeping my resolutions =) I haven't been blogging often, you all noticed???? Yeah!! May be it is bcoz I have found more friends whom I can share stuff with *nudge wy, steph, michi* and my sis and I are close now (we used to be on really bad terms..sigh..) Of course the resolution to improve my grades contributes to the reduced rate of blogging too...


Now the less serious stuff:






I can't believe I managed to keep my hair till this length. I kinda miss it now...





Because it has been quite hot these days, and it takes longer time to wash and dry my hair, and that I want to have a change (a bit tired of looking at my hair) so I decided to cut it till this short. Not short, short, but much shorter than before. Then I changed by parting from right to left. (if the line is on your left with the bigger portion combed to your right, it is right parting, right?) Whatever it is, now I have to use clips to secure the new 'bigger' portion of my hair to place it in shape. A few of my friends said I look better (may be it is a fresh look) and YOUNGER. lol.







A dress I tried on in bangsar village. I think it is priced at Rm 150, before 10% discount. Of course I didn't buy it coz I didn't have enough cash; anyway there aren't many occasions where I can wear this. hmm, but I am looking for less 'dressy' skirt along this style. (less dressy to me is, at least have sleeves- this one is a tube on top) Oh I am also looking for babydoll top or tops that carol wore (that I told her I like) hehe.



I also plan to get a new wallet because the current one I have has holes inside. I am not in a rush though. (no michi, what you told me about losing $ if your wallet has holes didn't frighten me=P)



Ah, and why suddenly my friends all so happening, last week there were like 4 outings altogether which I had to turn down 2 to avoid nagging and to 'plan for future' This is because I foresee another outing on 1st feb with ky before she flies off to aus for her electives; then there is fiona's bday (our dear senior who printed out 160 name-card-like invitation cards) on 7th feb, then sm's 21st bday party (at his house I assume) on 15th feb (one day fter valentines' day)



Speaking of Valentines' day, are we having girls night out?? *nudge and wink at cool single girls* Actually it makes no sense to pay extra on that day-I refuse to succumb to that. ANd nope I do NOT think it is sad to not be celebrating valentines' day...ah if only there were more time for us to cash in on that (LAN project)..oh well hope we think of something fun but required less work for the compulsory assessment. We actually thought of 'lawatan sambil belajar' in groups, then different groups come out with powerpoint presentation or what (So that the lecturer can access). It didn't work out because the lecturer told us that we need insurance when we are OUT on a trip like this and we are not insured in her module.



To end this, mcians, fui is gonna have a CNY thingy like last year =) I actually planned to hint him (So that mcians who have been 'missing in action' like fj, sinthi, ho sek *he is SO getting from us* can catch up) but shin told me today that she asked him directly and he said YES =) Muahahahahha so looking forward to cny-the holz, the food, the angpaus.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pepperpourri said...

So this post is for me? Wahahaha. *Nudges back* You gotta push me more too! I'm slacking these days, maybe cos it's close to CNY, and I just keep thinking about going home, haha. Excuses, excuses. Btw, why can't our uni be mentioned? Hehe. My wallet also got holes! My mom said must buy a new one d. Hehe gotta go shop for one!

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home