<~Out of the Blue~>

Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Reflection A-Z

Lately I haven't been blogging as much as I have been; I guess mostly it is because I am really making an effort to fulfil my resolution (of not blogging during the 15-min break in uni; nowadays I haven't blogged in uni as far as I remember), and another reason is the fact that I do not get as many tags and comments as I used to.


Well, then it brings me back to reflect on the very day that I started the blogging journey in my life- 4/3/2006 (I hope I remember this correctly). That time shin just started her blog and I just started sem2. Being in a relatively new environment, I find that most of the time, I can't find someone compatible to spill my feelings. At the same time, I find that I miss my friends in overseas dearly. Thus, a blog seems to be the answer to them all =) As I evolve over time as a blogger, I remind myself that blogging is for MYSELF and my own reflection on the journey that I have walked thus far; I am not writing to please anyone, nor am I writing to gain praise and applause. ^_^



Do I read back my posts? Yes I do when I am quite free; and when I am chatting with friends and they brought up some long-talked-about topic that I did not wish to retell, I just direct them to the entry. Because those events were written there and then, thus the sentiments were 100% genuine at that point of time. If I were to relate it now, it will just have a different viewpoint, either due to the fact that I have matured overtime, or that a long of things that I used to matter just do not matter to me anymore....


Same thing applies in friendster testimonial. I can't remember when was the last time I read back at all the old testimonials. Over the years, we must have written testimonials for others, some of whom we are not as close to as we used to last time. It is irony how a third party who randomly comes across the particular personal testi will draw conclusion that we the sender, are close to the person whose profiled is being viewed. However, we all do know that, nothing is permanent in this world; everything changes with time. Who would be so free to retrack the history and delete all the testimonials that he/she has sent to friends or special ones whom are no longer close to them anymore?


Childhood friends. Is it an inevitable fate that is it hard to be close friend(s) forever with the person(s) whom you were once close to? I remember how strongly I believed that my best friend back then in primary school will still be my best friend till 'forever'... Those pure friendship used to bring sheer joy to our hearts, do you still remember? The guy who used to teach you Math, the guy who used to tease you with his gang of friends, the girl and guy who used to compete with you in class, the girls whom you laughed with? Can you still remember their names? Suddenly, gathering does not seem to matter to me, for I know, that things are no longer are like they once were. It is not a bad thing actually, it is just different. It is a phase that some of us have to go through as we walked a different path from our childhood friends and those moments become memories that we all will reminiscence one fine day...........



Secondary school friends. The hypothesis that 'uni friends are just different from secondary school friends' has been tried and tested among us all. Yes, we all move on and meet people, but deep in our heart, we still hold dear to our hearts those people whom we make an effort to keep in touch since we left school. How long will out friendship lasts? I hope it is till out marriages and beyond; there is no need to be insistent on that, if it is mutual and can stand the test of time, then we take it as a bonus =) I have learnt over these 3 years that, the less expectation you expect from a friend whom you just know, the less disappointment you will have when you know his/her true colours.



On relationship and dating. As growing-up child, I used to have the purest fantasy about relationship- guy meets girl, both realise that they like each other at the same time, guy goes after girl and both start a relationship. However, over the years, I learnt that that 'ideal' situation is just of low probability if not impossible. In addition, we girls should not just SIT around and wait for the person whom 'you are destined to like' to come by. A more realistic approach is as such:

(a) Guy and girl meet. Guy has good impression on girl and goes after her. Girl CONSIDERS all the characteristics of the guy, decides that he is a potential one, and say 'yes' to the first step in the courtship. or

(b) Guy and girl meet. They start to find a lot of things in common as they get to know each other. Girl takes initiatives by 'making her presence more known' to guy (girls, you all know what I am talking about *wink*) and leave the rest to him. Guy gets the 'boost of courage' he needs, goes after girl, and both get together.



I quite agree with the following views on dating and relationship- guy and girl can go on a DATE even if they are not in a relationship (as long as the guy is not double or triple-dating unless he is so pathetic that he is joining a programme like 'spped dating' hahahahahah). How so?

If both the guy and girl have good impression on each other and would like to know each other better, than the guy should ask the girl out for the 'first date' (the first impression date). They talk over dinner (and engage in other activities if they like) and if they find that they are still interested, then the guy asks the girl out for the next date. A few more dates follow suit before the guy decides to take it to another level (with strong signals from girl of course), ie. in a relationship.


If in one of those initial dates that one party finds another party having some trait that they can't bear, or in a nicer way, the other party's score dropped like share market, then they can politely indicate that they should just remain as (casual) friends. Of course if the guy is some touchy freak then the girl should give him her piece of mind and get rid of the jerk!! =P


At times, there are moments that I just wish time will move slower so that I can immerse myself in whatever I do at a slower pace. I am 20 going on 21, and I still do not feel like I am at that age. There are many good times of the past that I really cherish, not to mention, the 'privilege' of doing (or not doing) things simply because you are young. =)

1 Comments:

Blogger Pepperpourri said...

Hmmm I realised I can't type anything into your chatter box. Weird. My chatter box in my own blog isn't loading at all. Still having a bit of problems with blogger.

Like this post of yours. Kinda like a reflection of your life. Some things apply to mine as well, hehe.

5:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home