<~Out of the Blue~>

Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Christmas Party

On the night of 25th december, 5 of us gathered at the top floor for a mini xmas party organised by my 2 youngest sisters, yvonne and serene (aged 10 and 9). We started the ball rolling by singing christmas carols; the lyrics being handwritten by serene and yvonne.After that, we drew lots to decide which 2 sisters will be accompanying my dad to take away dominoes pizza; and the lucky ones were NOT me. *evil laughter* So I spent my time chatting with my friends while waiting for them to come back.




Jin Yun (half shown), Yvonne and Serene singing the carols.

My 4 younger sisters; I am not in the pic coz I was the camera girl.


It was already 9.30 when they came back and it was astro time! Thus, we ate our yummy pizzas in the living room while watching the tvb drama. An hour later, we came up to resume the party with the game-unwrap the present. We improvised it by making one sister (take turns) sing out the carols (because we do not want our sisters' effort go to waste) and when she stops singing, the person who has the parcel must unwrap the layer of newspapers and then do as directed in the slip of note. We all were really sporting and acted out all the antics in a silly manner.



After that, it was gift-exchange session. Because serene and I got back our own numbers, we traded our gifts and here is what she gave me:



A dragonfly! haha she spent 37 stickers to redeem it from her tuition teacher. For your info, one needs to get all correct for the spelling/dictation to get ONE sticker. *touched* There is a note written 'To my secret receiver (told serene a better word will be 'recipient'), hope you like my present!'

For your sake, here is the list of presents:

Me- contributed a rose bracelet which I only used 3 times at MOST

2nd sis-bought a necklace from Isetan

3rd sis-bought a pair of earrings from the bazaar near our place

4th sis-redeemed a well-organised notebook and a tiny bear

5th sis-redeemed the dragonfly

Later on, we voted for the Queen of Christmas Party in 'survivor' style. Mun Ling got the most votes and was crowned the Queen, with a handmade crown and 'the baton-like thingy' (made of aluminium foil). Sorry I promised her not to upload any her pics as the Queen here. =P

I am aware that Christmas ain't about santa claus, presents, reindeers etc.. It is to celebrate the birth of Christ. However, isn't it great to know that non-christians also immerse in the joy of the occasion?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home