Merry Christmas
Guess what I found in the pharmacy? It is a 1974-1976 British National Formulary. hehe. It is thin and not so compreshensive compared to those current versions. At a glance, it doesn't have contraindications, side effects, proprietary brands and price. So what does it have, you may ask? Well, it has dosage and strength of the more commonly used drugs in the various systems, e.g. gastrointestinal, genitourinary, cardiovascular etc... 
The gingerbread house in megamall. For a more 'deep' post on xmas, kindly read my friendster blog. =) Sorry for all the super small pics but I really do not know why my hp is giving me such pics. (edited later: I knew it! I fianlly know how to set i at the right size.lol)

Christmas tree in the p hospital that I am working in. Doesn't it remind you of the song 'Oh, christmas tree, oh christmas tree..'


Mini christmas tree at my mum's best friend's house. See those presents underneath? They are for real. My younger sis were disappointed after dinner yesterday because they didn't receivce presents from my mum's best friend. However, this morning, she gave us a call and told us that she forgot to give us- so my younger sisters were happy once again! haha. I got a present this time round-it is s handphone holder (bumble-bee). So in the coming year I had better be able to work like a bee. =)

My contribution for the gift-exchange later (note: these few parts are edited on 25/12). My younger sisters are organising a mini xmas party later and they asked all of us to get a present for gift-exchange.
CAn you believe that given the long duration for present-shopping (2 months), and given the fact that I been going out to meet my friends,ds I have failed to get a present. It is not easy whey you have 4 younger sisters ranging from 9 years old to18 years old. I didn't want to just get any present so in the end, I failed to get one by date line=( That day I was too tired to shop with mum and sis in oneu/ This, my mum bought a ferrero rocher chocs from gurardian (becaues it was a must'buy item) and said that would be my gift for gift-exchange.
I feel bad le. Chocs, once eaten, will be gone. and I knew my 2nd and 3rd sis have bought some accesories. The youngest two have redeemed presents from their tuition teachers with the number of stars/stickers they accumlated thus far (due to their performance in tests and spellings). Since I found my once misplaced rose bracelet lately, I decided to use it for the gift-exchange though I wore it 2 or 3 times. I am NOT cheapskate coz I really love this bracelet and I am not giving out something that I do not want.

Now, all I want for Christmas is...
1. Ng May Ling. I miss her like crazy and we haven't met each other online for months. She hasn't been emailing me too; and ling if you are reading this, nope I am NOT blaming you ya. I know when we are apart and we are busy with our own studies and life, it is hard to be there for each other as much as we want to. But I know I can always count on you and thanks for the time u were there for me, through thick and thin! *huGs*
2. Confidence and perseverance to move on in sem 4. If I am kept waiting for too long; if I am made to feel that my effort has not been paid off, if what I believe in is a far cry from reality, then I really do not know where to find my lost confidence. I am not giving up but I am really afraid that one day, I will just lose it all.
3. Meeting sincere and nice people. I am getting a bit disappointed with how things are as we grow older; friends you make are no longer as sincere as friends you had back then. With the passing of time, everyone changes; and I stubbornly believe that the friends whom I cherish are all changing for the better..
4. More time to do what I enjoy- reading a good book, playing some nice songs on piano, talking to my dear friends and sis, baking, cooking (with sis at times). I hate it when uni comes and all we talk about is portfolio, pbl, reports, class tests and more class tests. =(
5. Travel to UK. My parents promised me that I will get to travel when I graduate but then that is not so practical since my friends will have graduated too. Since shin is going to nottingham next june, and that we will graduate in 2009, the ideal period to travel is december 2008 for me. May be dec 2007 I will work (this time for the $) to show my sincerity to parents. Then at least I am subsidizing a bit of my travel expenses. There is chee wei in london, sara in leeds, mun ling, xiu jing in manchester, shin and ling in nottingham, xin long in liverpool (I am so going to anfield to visit the stadium that steven gerrard plays in =P)...actually I really really want to go to Italy, followed closely by France and Spain.
Wishing u all a very merry christmas. Have a blessed new year ahead and enjoy yourself! May christmas joy brings you loads and loads of happiness but not pounds =P
----------------------------edited one hour later-------------------------------------------
I just sent a mass mail (cum forwarded mail) so I am too lazy to send another one. Thus, I would like to share something that will rack your brain over here:
Why is it that people say they "slept like a baby" when babies wake up every two hours?If a deaf person has to go to court, is it still called a hearing?
Why do we press harder on a remote control when we know the batteries are flat?
Why do banks charge a fee on "insufficient funds" when they know there is not enough?
Why do they use sterilized needles for death by lethal injection?Why doesn't Tarzan have a beard?
Why does Superman stop bullets with his chest, but ducks when you throw a revolver at him?
Why do Kamikaze pilots wear helmets?
Whose idea was it to put an "S" in the word "lisp"?
What is the speed of darkness?
Are there specially reserved parking spaces for "normal" people at the Special Olympics?
If the temperature is zero outside today and it's going to be twice as cold tomorrow, how cold will it be?
If it's true that we are here to help others, what are the others doing here?
Do married people live longer than single ones or does it only seem longer?
Do you cry under water?
How is it that we put man on the moon before we figured out it would be a good idea to put wheels on luggage?
Why do people pay to go up tall buildings and then put money in binoculars to look at things on the ground?
Did you ever stop and wonder......
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these pink dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"
Who was the first person to say, "See that chicken there... I'm gonna eat the next thing that comes outta it's bum."
Why do toasters always have a setting so high that could burn the toast to a horrible crisp, which no decent human being would eat?
Why is there a light in the fridge and not in the freezer?
Why do people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point to their bum when they ask where the bathroom is?
Why does your Obstetrician, Gynaecologist leave the room when you get undressed if they are going to look up there anyway?
Why does Goofy stand erect while Pluto remains on all fours? They're both dogs!
Can blind people see their dreams? Do they dream??
If quizzes are quizzical, what are tests? (This one kills me!!!!)
If corn oil is made from corn, and vegetable oil is made from vegetables, then what is baby oil made from?
If electricity comes from electrons, does morality come from morons?
Why do the Alphabet song and Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star have the same tune?
Stop singing and read on . . . . . .. . . . .
Do illiterate people get the full effect of Alphabet Soup?
Did you ever notice that when you blow in a dog's face, he gets mad at you, but when you take him on a car ride, he sticks his head out the window?
Does pushing the elevator button more than once make it arrive faster?
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home