<~Out of the Blue~>

Sunday, December 14, 2008

The Other One

This is such a long overdue post, it should have come earlier to express my joy and gratitude =)

Due to my hectic schedule in thesis writing, followed by hospital attachment, I can only blog about this now, using the very laptop that I had won.

Thank you hp and amd, for awarding me this laptop at such a timely juncture (been sharing the desktop at home with my sisters)! Though I wasn't chosen as 'The One' (3 of them who won RM22k and a hp laptop), I was pleasantly surprised to be informed that I had won a 'Special Award'-a hp tx2520 au laptop. I jokingly told my family that 'I am the other one!'


Congratulations to the winners! I actually got to know one of them during the interview, and am truly happy for him when I knew he won the RM22k + laptop during the award presentation day.

The unique features of this laptop are that, it gives an excellent touch and pen experience; also the 3 operational modes-PC mode, Display Mode, and Tablet Mode (that I have yet to fully explore!!). The laptop screen is 180-degree turnable, which captured my younger sisters' attention for several days (it became their 'new toy' while I was busy completing my thesis using our desktop). So far, I only feel that the 'heat'generated by the laptop is something that can be improved; since this is my first laptop, I am not sure of the 'relative heat' it generates as compared to other models of laptop.


It may seem exagerrating to say this, but I feel that this award is like a motivation to me, telling me that 'eventually, you will be appreciated/rewarded for your capability and effort'. For a moment, I really feel that I should never give up though I may not be looking forward to a particular outcome, as how I put it, ''My life is not made up of a succession of chances, but of the opportunities I grab." I must remember that as I embark on my career pathway.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pepperpourri said...

Congratulations, wicked! So, when can I see your baby? :P

11:26 PM  
Blogger Po Leen said...

Congrats! A new lappy, so cool.

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks =)

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home