The 'P' which Made My Day
Today I couldn’t resist the temptation to finish reading ‘Pride and Prejudice’ during lecture, just to prevent myself from reading at home coz there’s a pharmacology test tomorrow. There are many dialogues that I find interesting, and here are some for your viewing pleasure:
Mr. Collins on Elizabeth’s rejection to his proposal:
"As I must therefore concluded that you aren’t serious in your rejection of me, I shall choose to attribute it to your wish of increasing my love by suspense, according to the usually practice of elegant females.”
To which Eliza replied:
“Do don’t consider me now as an elegant female intending to plague you, but as a rational creature speaking the truth from her heart.”
Mr. Darcy’s confession to Eliza:
“In vain have I struggled. It will not do. My feelings will not be repressed. You must allow me to tell you how ardently I admire and love you.”
To which she replied:
“I am sorry to have occasioned pain to anyone. It has been most unconsciously done, however, and I hope will be of short duration.”
Eliza’s reply to the arrogant Lady Catherine:
“I am only resolved to act in that manner, which will, in my own opinion, constitute my marriage, without reference to you, or to any person so wholly unconnected with me.”
Mr. Darcy’s 2nd confession to Eliza:
“You are too generous to trifle with me. If your feelings are still what they were last April, tell me so at once. My affections and wishes are unchanged, but one word from you will silence me on this subject forever.”
Elizabeth’s words to Mr. Darcy:
“Think only of the past as its remembrance gives you pleasure.”
Elizabeth’s words to her Aunt:
“Mr. Darcy sends you all the love in the world, that he can spare from me.”
Mr. Darcy’s account of falling in love with Elizabeth:
"I cannot fix on the hour, or the spot, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It’s too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun.”
I highly recommend this book to you all, esp my female friends=) hmm, on the last note, do you all wonder if that's how andrew(p/s:U dun be perasan=P ) is gonna confess to her future gf-to-be?Haha. Try to imagine that.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home