<~Out of the Blue~>

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Blood Donation Drive

Today the Seremban Hospital healthcare team came over to my uni for a blood donation drive. We have been informed of the event throught posters, and even a small flyer in the shape of a drop of blood. Well, I had already made up my mind to donate after I had checked that it's not a hectic day today and that I will be having a free period after the class test to 'recuperate', should I get dizzy. After all, I FINALLY qualify to donate blood coz I am no longer underage and underweight (gettin into uni do cause me to put on weight, or izzit bcoz if IMU food?)! YAY! Furthermore, I feel that it's only after I get 'cucuk' that I will truly understand how a patient feels when they are given injection and has to undergo blood-withdrawing procedures.
I was so ready already, I even went to have something light just in case I didn't feel like eating later on. So, yeah, went through weighing, blood-typing (despite the fact that I do know my blood type is +ve AB), and blood-pressure taking. I found out something new, that is they put a drop of my blood into a copper sulphate solution, and should it floats, it means that my blood is low in haemoglobin. So mine sank, then off I moved to the next station-my BP is 110/70 mmHg. Everything was alright till now. Ah, until we came to this critical question, 'are you on medication?' I am on medication. So.,after checking with her MO, the trainee told me that I cannot donate. hmm, so much for everything. Oh well, there is still next time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home