The Other Kind of Love
Just because somebody doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have. ~Author Unknown
This is a very meaningful quote indeed. I have come to realise that, you do care for me though you don't show it the way I hope you will show it.
Take, for instance, the time I fell and hurt my leg. You wouldn't ask me it is painful, you would 'scold' me for not being careful.
When I am sick, you don't ask me how I feel in a gentle tone; you just say, 'Drink more water! Tell you not to eat so much fried food you don't listen!"
When I get wet in the rain, you gave me a lecture on 'why girls should bring unmbrella.'
When you parked your car in my uni's basement due to the heavy downpour, you couldn't tell me where exactly you wee. I had to walk in 2 basements, under the poor lighting, on a day which was raining cats and dogs, all alone. What a relief when I finally found you. And the 1st thing you told me was, 'I told you I was at the place where we parked LAST TIME.' instead of, 'Glad you found me. It is so dangerous for a girl to walk alone in the basement'. Last time is a long, long time ago, ok?
When I wanted to drive out to some place, you didn't allow, putting it as though you worry about the damage done to the car more than my safety.
There are instances when I wish you can be like the others. I wish you wouldn't be so hot-tempered, demanding and unreasonable at times. I wish you are more caring and more understanding.
Of course, there are times when you are cute and nice too-like how I made you smile in some photographs. How 'long' you took to cut the guavas/watermelons/oranges for me after uni. Like today's Japanese buffet at Momo Restaurant, it was so great!
Thank you dad, though I wish you can do away with some 'traits', you are still MY BEST dad, coz you are my only dad!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home