Love
What if you found the one you were meant for, but you live two years apart?
'It is not meant to be' said the girl.
'No, please don't say that. We can make it happen,' said the guy.
'As Kate and Alex continue to correespond through the lake house's mailbox , they confirm that they are, incredibly, impossibly, living two years apart and each at a time when they are struggling with past disappointment and trying to make a new start. Sharing this unusual bond ,they reveal more about themselves to one another with each passing week-their secrets, their doubts and dreams-until they find themselves falling in love.'
~Extract of a synopsis of The Lake House, starring Keanu Reeves (drool) and Sandra Bullock~
I am really looking forward to watching this yet another 1st class love movie! Did I mention that Pride and Prejudice, Daisy, Almost Love and Stairway to Heaven (a korean series) are among those 1st class love movies/series? I haven't watched pirates of the carribean as well; and megamall 's gsc is fully booked for tomorrow!!
Sigh, to think that not long before this, I can comfortably ask a certain someone to one utama for movies. I guess I just have to wait-Mc guys have watched, sandy is busy, ling will be going to australia, and next week we seniors are going to be so burnt out due to orientation for our juniors =_=
The guy, starred by Keanu Reeves, has a point. Yes, a a lot of things are dictacted by destiny-I believe they are written in the stars. But we can make it happen, that's why our palms are filled with lines-maps that can be changed by our own hands. Destiny is in our own hands, though it is written in the stars. Nothing comes dropping the sky. Want a better grade? Work for it. Unsatisfied with what your fate dictates thus far? Prove it wrong. Want an answer from someone? Go ahead and ask. The next time you ponder about to do it or not to, think, if tomorrow were the END of the world, would I do what I am uncertain to do now? Chances are, you WILL.
What would you do if tomorrow is the END OF THE WORLD??
'I would tell my parents, my family, my true friends, the one that I love them.'
So WHY ARE YOU WAITING? You don't need to wait till the eleventh hour to do it.
If I had thought of so many 'what ifs' I probably wouldn't know how great it was like to be 'flying' up there during parasailing.
Just a point of contradiction, yes I know. Sometimes a guy must wait till the opportunity strikes; if it doesn't try to make it strike gradually. Don't spoil the long-built friendship just by a spur of irrationality. You make us girls get stuck in a bad situation. It is only second worse after us getting dragged by some uncertain guy. Because we cherish the friendship we have with you, we have to rack our brains for the best reply not to hurt you. If you were some idiot, so much trouble is saved. Events that happened recently to my close girlfriends and myself have compelled me to 'pen' my thoughts out.
Sometimes you need to read hints and clues from us too; the thing is, if we have been enjoying your company (just the 2 of us) for many times, not just one of two times, and we can communicate with you comfortably, chances are, you are seeing the green light.
However, if you have always been reserved, hardly talk to us, perhaps just a few lines of 'may i borrow your notes?' or 'so are you going to the gathering?', please don't scare us by popping up the question online, on sms, or worse, on phone. You caught us off-guard and we don't know how to react in such a way tha we can still keep you as a friend like before and hurt you less. We always think for your ego as well; because we know, most of the time, after rejection, things can never, ever be the same again, if you all are 'un-dai fong' guys.
I did think of thousands of 'what ifs' before, but after all that happened, I tell myself, try not to think of 'what ifs'. Life is too short to cry over spilt milk, missed chances, and wasted opportunities. Strive forward for my goals! and here is to an everlasting friendship to my true girlfriends and guy friends alike; and for someone out there, I've no choice but to respect your wish, I shall go with YOUR FLOW since you decided so. ^_^
-----------------------edited hours later when phoebe asked me a question--------------------
What do you thing are the 10 most important things in a relationship? asked Phoebe, who herself is in a long distance relatinoship (LDR).
The first thing that came into my mind is COMMUNICATION. Yes I would rate this as the utmost important thing when it boils down to having a successful relationship. How often have we heard that people break-up due to distance-the lack of communication; indeed, absence makes the heart go wander, NOT fonder. To me, the ability to talk to him as myself, the chemistry we have when we carry a conversation and this special feel that you two know what each other is going to say at times, is really important. If I can't carry some intelligent, as well as silly (funny) communication with a guy, I cannot imagine myself really radiating from the bottom of my heart when I am with him. I may just die of boredom. haha. Of course, I am not here to say that we two must have the same views all the time; if I were to be in a relationship with someone, I would tell him 'let's agree to disagree'. I would want us to tolerate each other imperfections since nobody is perfect. ^_^ this brings us to the 2nd value which i think is important in a relationship:
Tolerance- Since we don't even think alike as our siblings whom we grew up with, how can we expect to think alike almost all the time with someone who has different upbringing, social values, education background and many others ?
We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person. ~W. Somerset Maugham
Consideration- Even if we are together, each person must give ample space for another person to pursue his/her hobby or mix with his/her own group of friends. Do not force each other to accept the other party's friends; it is always ideal to widen your circle of friends. However, if that can't be achieved, then respect the others' decision.
Respect-Not only in relationship, I think that all guys should give girls due respect. I particularly dislike this saying by a girl 'girls must be dumped at least once to be successful in her relationship'. Who does he think he is anyway? love expert? please!! He is just an example of egoistic males who thinks that it is normal to ask a casual girl friend to iron his clothes, and thinks that he can 'shop for girls' like how he shops for clothes. BIG MISTAKE. Give yourself a break, loser =P
Thoughtfulness- Little things like a goodnight sms, a phone call when one is sick, or getting something that another person mentioned casually, or taking the person out to a place he/she been wanting to go, are all gestures of thoughtfulness that will go a long way towards nurturing the seeds of love.
Trust- If he says he is going out with his guy friends tonight, trust him so. Do not think that he is at some club holding on to some girl's waist while you are at home studying. (though there was a guy who did this =P ) Please do not call or text him every one hour, like scamboy and the greenman from trax fm said, 'you two don't own each other!!' For guys, respect that girls enjoy having girls night out with her friends, don't suspect her of being disloyal though she may have some really good buddy guy friends.
Loyalty- Unless you are some girl who wants a boyfriend so that you have an ATM machine, chances are, you will want him to be loyal to you. Yes, we know that girl-watching is so common; however, as long as the guy sets a limit and do not cross his line, let him be. After all, we ourselves are not deprived of eye candy as well! =P
Appreciation- Do not take each other for granted. I am not one who believes that the one is someone who sends butterflies down my stomach and gives me an abnormal blood pressure. However, there is a vertain spark of chemistry, something about him that can make you radiate from the bottom of your heart. However, as days go by, there is a great tendency to take each other for granted, so always try to rekindle the 'sparks' by perhaps, giving each other surprises at times.
Giving- It is in giving that we receives. and how many times have we h eard of a phrase which says that 'love is not to what extent of how much you receive; but it is to what extent of how much you give'. Don't you think that if you like him, you like to see his smiling face when you give him something- be it a stuff that he likes, a hug or a smile from yourself? The same applies vice versa.
Love- What is a relationship without love? It is not a relationship if it merely consists of infatuation, attraction by the mere outlook. True love is hard to find indeed, but it is not impossible to find.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home