<~Out of the Blue~>

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Pictures from Pharmacy

It was some time ago when I last talked about my stint in hospital pharmacy during my holidays; it was a fruitful one though there wasn't much I could do as a beginner, they actually let me screen prescription and dispense. (this reminds me that I gotta call up the HR and ask if my paycheque is ready). My friend whom I got to know during my stint there, ling ling, just sent me the pics. She is studying diploma in pharmacy in royal college of medicine, perak.


From left: ling ling, kandian-the pharmacist assistant, Kak Asniza-pharmacist assistant, Me. Photo taken in pantry of pharmacy.




Julian Tze the pharmacist (he is a pure chinese) and I. He was the first batch who graduated from Sedaya-thus he has the same lecturer as us (you-know-who). It is not nice, however, to elaborate on what he told me. So we all tahu-tahu la! Seen at our back is the medications in inpatient pharmacy; on the right, it is the place where we all screen prescription and pack medication.




Me in the cytotoxic lab. No worries, I didn't constitute any chemotherapy drugs but I observed the pharmacist assistants doing it. (pics not with me). By right I should be fully cloaked with those blue suits that we all wore during lab session but then I wanna look good(I wore it later). haha. Anyway this ain't a clean room, so there wasn't any UV sterilization. However, we had to practise the correct hand-washing technique, wear gloves and swipe the workplace, devices,labels etc with ethanol. Then the pharmacist assistant will reconstitute the drugs in the chamber at the back. Usually the chemo drugs are in solution form, whereby the pharmacist assistant will inject the required amount into a sodium chloride infusion.


1 Comments:

Blogger Pepperpourri said...

HAHA you-know-who!!! You gotta tell me about it. The pharmacist doesn't look like he's a pure Chinese though. Must be so much fun working there! By the way, you look very professional. Hehe. Do write more about it =)

8:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home