"If liberty means anything at all it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear." - George Orwell, Preface to Animal Farm.
Since my friends and I have discovered that our blogs are read by some 'big ppl' (must use analogy to protect myself), and that I found my private blog could be googled, I have resorted to changing the typeface of the title of my blog as you all can see. In addition, from now on, I will refrain from using 'my uni's name (the 3 alphabets); I will use 'my uni' instead, so do be familiar with my usage of words. I am certain that freedom of speech still exists in this blog (and I will make sure that it prevails) coz I know what I am doing, and I'd consider my private blog quite well-protected. (unknown to ppl whom I do not wish to expose my private life to.)
By the way, Animal Farm is a good book; I read it back then in Form 2 (because we had to read it). It is a satire and with my maturity of thoughts (and my lack of knowledge about world history and politics) at that time, I couldn't fully appreciate the analogies it drew. However, I remember I find the book interesting at the end of the day, contrary to my initial assumption. One fine day (after semester 5 exams) I will search the book in my house and re-read it.
Aside from that, what is going on in my uni now is preparation for 'my uni' cup. My batch is semangat to join cheerleading coz we are relatively freer this sem. I joined coz I wanna to something I never thought I would do when I am still young. ^_^ We are yet to come up with a name so please drop me some suggestions; we can't proceed far without a name.
Some names that came up during brainstorming sessions on msn: (do let me know which ones you like) Note: our colour is purple. *please refrain from thinking about Barney*
BNF: Bombastic N' Fantastic (we feel that 'bombastic' ain't that nice, still thinking for adjectives to replace B and F. For those who didn't know, British National Formulary, BNF, is the 'bible' of pharmacists)
Purple Raiders
Raiders
Blazers
The Crusader
Pharmawave
Waverider
Warriors
Firebirds
Thunderbolt
Dynamix
Cyclone
Twisters
Xplosion
Liberty
Sparks
Synergy
Victory
Electra
Pandora
Daredevil
Pharmafalcon
The Guardian
Raptor
Pharmawarrior
Strike Eagle
Now pics taken during dinner at Manhattan Fish Market with dad and 2 sisters just now.
How I wish it is real cash for me to 'gamble' lol. Those are vouchers issued by Manhattan Fish Market actually.
The Garlic Butter Mussels. I love the special garlic butter sauce that goes with the mussels!! Observe the colour of the sauce: sweet light green( indicating usage of herbs). omg it will taste so good with pasta too ^_^
Fisherman's Seafood Platter, shared by 3 of us.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home