The 'P' which Has Caused Much Dispute
I had a boring lecture on pharmaceutics-interface phenomena this morning. So as I was trying to keep myself from drowsing off, I took out my wallet and started rearranging the contents- as well as looking at the photos of my cute little sis and the one which ling,a jap gal and I wook in japan. So guess what I found out? My 'P' license is overdue! As in on that fateful day of 9th March 2006, I am a certified driver. Yup, no more probation period. However, the issue I would like to highlight here is that, it means nothing to me.
Now, try to picture this scenario on another person, especially on a guy. Surely there will be 'champagne-opening' or at least some guy nights out. Lol. After all, it's like officially getting your passport already. I did hear of one guy who drove up to genting highlands on the day he took off his 'P' sticker from the car. Haha. Well, I don't think I have driven many times these 2 years. The furthest is to my college. And the furthest I drove without parents' supervision is to atria and tmn tun. Ah! Talk about freedom. My parents don't trust my driving skills, coz they say they must grant me the 'P', only then can I drive along. now to get that 'P', I will have to drive my mum's car more often, and preferably with them inside so that they can gauge my level of competency. Oh well, with 5 gals in the family, you don't expect me to have much chance to lay my hands on the car huh? So whenever I try to hint that my gf are also driving around, my mum will say 'I only got my license when I started working, so did my friend.' and Dad will add,'you have us to ferry you around, so why do you need to worry?'
Well, yeah , i am hang fuk in the sense that I am blessed with nice parents who are willing to fetch us. However, isn't it nice to be able to drive out on your own when you crave for this har min in tmn tun, or cheese cake in centrepoint?=P PLus, my dad gets this reaction whenever I tell him I am going mv- 'what?,mv AGAIN? fren's bday again? can't you all keep in touch with hp and mails?In my days,......"(lol, you don't want to know the whole story. Anyway, I think most of us do have our fair share of 'in-my-time stories, just different version only=P
haha,it doesn't help too, when you have to deal with the jealousy issue among 4 sis=P They are like another 'mum' and 'dad'-'why does jie jie buy so much stuff?she is wasting our $$' ahahaha.
For those of you all who know me, I am NOT a shopalcholic, and I definetly don't overspend. Come on, I don't even have a fixed monthly allowance to start with. It's just that shopping therapy and meeting friends can work wonders after days of being in uni.
On the last note, I do love my daddy although I get quite a lot of nagging in the car.=)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home