<~Out of the Blue~>

Sunday, April 30, 2006

Inspirational Quotes to Make me Study!!

I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen. ~Frank Lloyd Wright
Note to self: Yes, you want to see an improvement in your grades-so study!

I long to accomplish a great and noble tasks, but it is my chief duty to accomplish humble tasks as though they were great and noble. The world is moved along, not only by the mighty shoves of its heroes, but also by the aggregate of the tiny pushes of each honest worker. ~ Helen Keller
Note to self: So do I-I too,long to accomplish great and noble task. However I am not one who aspires to save to world by joining the UN, or joining Mercy Malaysia to go to some 3rd World countries. Nor am I one who dreams of being the CEO of Guardian Pharmacy, or some discoverer in a new drug that may be named after me. I wish I can think far and plan ahead for my future, but something is stopping. Oh dear, where is your drive, your goal, your confidence? I guess I need to find them back one at a time. Right now, I hope I will pass and move on to the next semester. The highest aim I have set for myself is to obtain a Second Upper class. Of course I know you all still love me if I don't, right? *wink*

The heights by great men reached and kept / Were not attained by sudden flight, / But they, while their companions slept, / Were toiling upward in the night.~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
Note to self: Of course i know the story 'The Hare and the Tortoise' as well as the saying,'Slow and steady win the race'. Quoting Patrick, 'must work harder, work till die. If cannot how? work till die.' He seems to be really determined; though we all don't wish to see him die of hard work. haha. Now i just want to be 50% like Patrick.

I don't wait for moods. You accomplish nothing if you do that. Your mind must know it has got to get down to work. ~Pearl S. Buck
Note to self: This is my problem, I have always told you all-I must wait for the 'mood' to study right? Usually it comes after dinner, at night and drags till the maximum of 1.30 a.m. Then I can go online till the wee hours in the morning, but my mind shuts off on academic stuff. Quoting Patrick again, 'Next time when you have no mood to study, or want to eat/zzz, think don't study=fail'. I shall remind myself constantly.

Don't waste life in doubts and fears; spend yourself on the work before you, well assured that the right performance of this hour's duties will be the best preparation for the hours and ages that will follow it. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson
Note to self: Try not to think 'what if I can't finish studying ok?' Just do it, just study and try to finish the heaps of notes.

Being busy does not always mean real work. The object of all work is production or accomplishment and to either of these ends there must be forethought, system, planning, intelligence, and honest purpose, as well as perspiration. Seeming to do is not doing. ~ Thomas Alva Edison
Note to self: Seeming to be studying when you are eating, flipping at photo albums and CLEO do NOT mean work, get it? You have a plan, remember? Highlight notes, read through notes, understand notes, digest the notes (this stage is what i call STUDY), then hardcore memorising. 5 stages of studying-now you just need to implement it!

I'm a great believer in luck and I find the harder I work, the more I have of it. ~Thomas Jefferson
Note to self: Remember how you are sed to this phrase 'Good Luck'? YOu have this surge of confidence everytime your dear friends wished you last time. Now where has this confidence gone to? It merely means that when you are 'pretty sure' of yourself, only will Lady Luck be at your side. God only helps those who help themselves.

Leaders aren't born they are made. And they are made just like anything else, through hard work. And that's the price we'll have to pay to achieve that goal, or any goal. ~Vince Lombardi
Note to self: Nobody knows everything when they were born. You didn't know how to walk and talk, either. You didn't know how to play the piano either. So believe in yourself!

Success is not the key to happiness. Happiness is the key to success. If you love what you are doing, you will be successful. ~Albert Schweitzer
Note to self: Yes, my ultimate aim in life is HAPPINESS. That's why I am not like some of my friends, who are aiming for 1st class so that they can get funding to do their Masters or phD. This is because I know what I want in life, I want a simple yet hang fuk life. My dearest friends, you all do know what I mean-especially you, you and you. *wink*

Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing. ~Abraham Lincoln
Note to self: My resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing. (Repeat X 5) I am glad I have found back the 'lost energy' in semester 1. According to the Law of Conservation of Enegy, I don't think i have 100% of the energy as some must have been converted to other form in the process. Now I need my input of energy to top it up to 100%- in the form of motivation, encouragement from you all, and trust. =)

Life is a succession of moments. To live each one is to succeed. ~Corita Kent
Note to self: So true indeed! I always believe that the journey can be more wonderful than the destination itself. Remember how we all worked together for our Interact Club events? and how we planned those surprise birthday parties and went shopping for presents? Weren't the process as great as, if not more, than the actual event itself? This reminds me of yet another well-liked quote of mine-Success is a journey, not a destination.

My will shall shape the future. Whether I fail or succeed shall be no man's doing but my own. I am the force; I can clear any obstacle before me or I can be lost in the maze. My choice; my responsibility; win or lose, only I hold the key to my destiny. ~Elaine Maxwell
Note to self: I hold my key to my destiny. That's why people say that the lines on our palms are like guidelines of our destinies; but it can change-meaning that our fate is IN OUR OWN HANDS. I have seen many shining examples, from my paternal grandpa, my mum, my dad right down to my neighbours. Success is measured by your own yardstick, never let what other people say affect you.

Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. ~Thomas Alva Edison
Note to self: You never know until you try.

Dictionary is the only place that success comes before work. Hard work is the price we must pay for success. I think you can accomplish anything if you're willing to pay the price. ~Vince Lombardi
Note to self: Never believe some hypocrites when they say, 'I don't study . I dota 24-7. I burn midnight oil the day before the examinations. ' If they are gifted with this exceptional power, good for them. You need to work hard =) and smart.

I know the price of success: dedication, hard work, and an unremitting devotion to the things you want to see happen. ~Frank Lloyd Wright
Note to self: Just another quote that emphasizes how important hard work is I really look up to people who are dedicated in their own career. The are the coolest people to me.

I hope this quotes have motivated you all as much as it has motivated me. I hope the motivation lasts; I guess I need constant reminders. (Not nagging, dad) Perhaps I should have one copy on my Mahjong paper?? *wink* haha. Yeah I think I will have one, not as huge as the Mahjong paper though. Another advantage of blogging-it enables me to reflect upon my attitude and what I have done.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home