Quotes to Ponder
Perfect love is rare indeed - for to be a lover will require that you continually have the subtlety of the very wise, the flexibility of the child, the sensitivity of the artist, the understanding of the philosopher, the acceptance of the saint, the tolerance of the scholar and the fortitude of the certain. ~Leo Buscaglia
Comment: Though they paint a PERFECT picture, the traits stated are so true, for us who want an ideal 'the one'. Notice I use ideal, NOT perfect. Nobody is perfect. It is the ability to accept the imperfections that make us so real.
Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get, it's what you are expected to give — which is everything. ~Unknown
Comment: It is in giving that we receive; and sometimes, we find the joy in giving-even if it is just a genuine smile.
We are not the same persons this year as last; nor are those we love. It is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a changed person. ~W. Somerset Maugham
Comments: I will hold this quote dear to my heart. We always like to point fingers at others and say,'You have changed! Why can't you be like LAST TIME?' I guess we all need to self-reflect, and change for the better.
Just because somebody doesn't love you the way you want them to, doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have. ~Author Unknown
Comment: Refer to my previous post-The other Kind of Love. Sometimes, we have to see things from another perspective; a person's way of carrying himself/herself and way of treating others have a lot to do with his/ her characters and upbringing. Do give him/her the benefit of doubt.
In the arithmetic of love, one plus one equals everything, and two minus one equals nothing .~ Mignon McLaughlin
Comment: If you like me, and I like you at the same time, I call it fate. If it is one sided, I will think that one side should stop thinking 'what if' and take an initiative (especially the guys). Girls, if you know he is just not that into you, move on, you don't need a guy to complete you.
How on earth are you ever going to explain in terms of chemistry and physics so important a biological phenomenon as first love? ~ Albert Einstein
Comment: If the genius can't explain LOVE, we commoner can't as well. So you can't really ask a person,'So, what makes you fall for him/her?' It is the click, the feel, the chemistry, the compatibility.
Comment: So true indeed-I have observed some relationships gone because the couple claim that the 'initial sparks are just not there'. It takes two to tango, so it is all about putting the effort. Anyway, you don't live on 'sparks' do you? It is the understanding that counts.
Love does not consist of gazing at each other, but in looking together in the same direction. ~Antoine de Saint-Exuper
Comment: I would want to add a word in this quote- add 'ONLY' in front of gazing. Gazing at each other is sweet and romantic, however, we also need to be on the same wavelength, be able to talk about things and communicate.
Love is patient, love is kind.
It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud.
It is not rude, it is not self-seeking.
It is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.
Love does not delight in evil, but rejoices with the truth.
It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails.
I Corinthians 13:4-8
Comment: So deep indeed. This is such an unconditional love. That's why I have never said" I love you' to a guy before (besides my dad). Love is such a BIG word, I guess I will know it when 'the one'comes.
Friendship marks a life even more deeply than love. Love risks degenerating into obsession, friendship is never anything but sharing. ~ Elie Wiesel
Comment: Perhaps people in relationship should treat each other as friends as well, like Scamboy and The Greenman (trax FM deejays) said, 'You don't own her, and she doesn't own you. You love each other but you DON"T OWN each other.' So do give each other some space for privacy and room to have guys' night out or girls' night out.
Love doesn't make the world go 'round; love is what makes the ride worthwhile.~ Francis David
Comment: 'Love, makes the world go round!'-Line from the Powerpuff girls' song. So love doesn't really make the world go round. I guess we need to experience love to know how 'worthwhile' the ride is.
Comment: Haven't you all heard of opposite attracts? And each of us is one UNIQUE individual who is different from one another. I don't even think alike as my family whom I grow up with, so let alone 'the one'?Let the differences complement each other.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home