<~Out of the Blue~>

Sunday, May 14, 2006

Bundles of Joy

“Sis, can you please accompany me to Yi Kee’s birthday party? I am scared Yvonne (aged 10, a true beauty but have to wear specs since one month ago, how unfortunate) will abandon me since we just had argument.” Those were the words uttered by my dear serene (aged 9 though she has the merajuk-ness of a 5-year-old), which changed my entire schedule planned for the day.

Yi Kee’s is Yvonne’s friend, but serene was invited to the party as well. I figured out I could like, try to study in Mcdonald’s (where the party was going to be held) after playing the camera girl and get Serene to settle down. So this means letting go of my study time AND my Korean show-Full House. The party was scheduled to be 3 p.m. to 5 p.m.

The party was a major success-it was a combined party for Yi Kee and her younger brother, Wei Shen (aged 6), who is a PRINCE CHARMING!!! Haha, he is not at all scared to talk to new people like me and he has this nice, cute, big eyes! I took pics with him, for those who are interested, kindly proceed to my friendster page.

So much for studying. After eating some nuggets, a burger and fries, it was games time. I had so much fun looking and cheering the kids (6-year-old) as they played musical chair (which Wei Shen won!!) and pass the ball. The interesting game is one that was thought up by the parents. They had, with the aid of their friends, brought about 25 milk bottles, and they asked the McDs staff to fill it up with Coke. What we had later on was a Coke-drinking competition in milk bottle. Haha, before the competition started ,I told my sisters to bite off the ‘pacifier’ a bit so that the hole is big enough for the Coke to leak out. But being ‘angels’ , they said they wouldn’t do it. Haha..Anyway, Yvonne was one of the prize winners in the end though the champion was a guy!


Later on, they had this game whereby all the kids will dance along with the music (note: It ain’t those childish songs like ‘Barney’ or ‘ABC’. The compilation of music is a good one-including The Ketchup Song, The Cup of Life to name a few). I had the urge to join them, but then again, control I must. Haha. They were many parents there; besides, I was the camera girl.
What caught ALL the people’s attention was, this boy ages 10 who was dancing really well. He did some sort of ‘moonwalk’, some gestures of ‘rapper’ and some Michael Jackson’s styles. He seemed to be enjoying the attention A LOT. When he froze once the music was stopped, I cheekily asked him, ‘Hey so you are performing at your concert?’ As he continued to dance later on, he was so brave to speak to me, ‘hey wanna dance?’
Haha, wonder what type of guy he will grow into in future. He is just 10. He must have learnt it from his older brothers at home.

I guess I was so beaming with joy that the dad asked me jokingly , ‘Why don’t you have your birthday party in McDs?’ To which I replied, ‘No uncle. I would wanna have my birthday party in places like Chilis! I didn’t have a deprived childhood you know.’

We left the place at about 5.40 p.m., and I didn’t study there. However I didn’t regret going there, as I love to see those cute kids! Anyway, if I stayed at home, one hour would have been contributed to watching Rain and Song Hae Kyo, which means that my net productivity was decreased by 2 hours, minus my sleeping. I shall make up for it after posting this and having my dose of ‘brain de-saturation’.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home