My Head is Bursting
I was down with a minor flu, so after taking zyrtec, an antihistamine, my flu seems better BUT the side effect, headache has reared its ugly head! sob sob. I stopped taking zyrtec after dinner and took echinacea, a traditional medicine, instead. The headache is still here, bustring my head; there is nothing much I can do, can't study coz I can't add burden to my near-to-eruption brain.
How helpless I feel right here!This side effect is really having a great impact on me. Due to boredom, I have decided to google it and tell you all more about this monster. =(
Zyrtec is a trade name and its generic name is cetirizine (se TEER i zeen)
| • | Zyrtec is an antihistamine. Antihistamines prevent sneezing, runny nose, itching and watering of the eyes, and other allergic symptoms. |
| • | Zyrtec is used to treat allergies, hives (urticaria), and other allergic inflammatory conditions. |
| • | Stop taking Zyrtec and seek emergency medical attention if you experience an allergic reaction (difficulty breathing; closing of your throat; swelling of your lips, tongue, or face; or hives). |
| • | Other, less serious side effects may be more likely to occur. Continue to take Zyrtec and talk to your doctor if you experience |
| · | headache; or |
| · | dry mouth. |
| · | medications for anxiety or sleep such as alprazolam (Xanax), diazepam (Valium), chlordiazepoxide (Librium), temazepam (Restoril), or triazolam (Halcion); |
| · | medications for depression such as amitriptyline (Elavil), doxepin (Sinequan), nortriptyline (Pamelor), fluoxetine (Prozac), sertraline (Zoloft), or paroxetine (Paxil); |
| · | other cough, cold, or allergy medicines; or |
| · | any other medications that cause drowsiness, sleepiness, or relaxation. |
Moral of the story: Check b4 you take the drugs, don't wait till after. Don't assume there ain't drug interaction.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home