<~Out of the Blue~>

Sunday, July 30, 2006

Shout Out

Teck Jian's physics notes-Life, is NOT about grades and exams; it is MUCH MORE than that.

I know 2 posts in a day, and back-to-back is just fast but then I am writing this as I had just had a chat with a friend; and there is something he said that I felt I have been misunderstood. Anyway it is alright for people to judge me-we all judge others too. But like Mother Theresa said, 'if you judge a person, you have no time to love her/him'. So I would like to say that if you are my true friend, you will understand me well enough and you won't misunderstand me.

'I understand why you lost your confidence. You feel beaten down by people. You used to do well last time but now everyone seems to be better than you.'

Actually it is NOT. yes it is beaten down by a PERSON and that person is none other than ME MYSELF. =( After all I always know my level-I am NEVER brilliant back then. I worked hard for my results coz I want ot lighten the burden of my half-retired dad as my 4 younger sisters are schooling. To me, I have always looked up to andrew and patrick-they are, in my opinion, the BRILLIANT ones.

Life is about being able to laugh at your own mistakes and learn from that.


Why should I think that everyone is better than me anyway? I am proud of myself for having gone through that and is standing strong. There is NOTHING TO BE ASHAMED ABOUT. To me, I am disappointed with myself coz I know I am not 'functioning at my optimum level'. I know I am able to achieve that level, yet I am not performing. I lost my study stamina and confidence...... though now, fortunately, I am regaining my confidence.


Andrew's Birthday cake; we LOVE him all the same.

Friend, if you think I should feel ‘beaten up by people’ just because I am doing my degree in IMU, you are so shallow. IMU is so well known among local hospitals and community pharmacies alike!! You think Nottingham, Manchester, London school of Pharmacy, Bath, Monash, Queensland University did not accept me? Sometimes, we do not always get what we want.

I would say that a good seed can grow well in any land; it is just that she may thinks that she prefers the scenery in the grass land at the other side of the fence. However, current situation does not allow her to grow there. So if she sucks and keeps a sour face and feels ‘beaten by other seeds’ she is never going to be a wonderful plant. Instead, she should be thankful for what has at the grass and over here; some day in the future, when everything is right, she can be transplanted to the grassland on the other side. ^_^


So yes that is why I feel upset-I cannot perform to my optimum level. In fact, there was one point I was like, 'Gosh did i just waste my YEARS studying coz I cannot remember those things; so what is the point of learning and studying?' However, now I think that, life is all about learning, UNlearning and RElearning. If we know EVERYTHING in the world, don’t you think that life is so boring since there is nothing new we can learn?

I used to be able to THINK back then, even in college, Mind you I am NOT talking about results, how many marks I beat some people by-you know back then in college some dudes can come up to me and recite my chem test marks and asked me 'so is it true?' haha. yet I myself cannot even remember the exact figures. I am dead serious coz to me, marks do not speak volumes of your brilliance. For me, by just carrying a conversation with you, I can roughly tell how smart/brilliant you are, and in what sense.

If you know me well enough, you will know that I really DETEST, ABHOR, HATE the RAT RACE!!
I do not know why people like to step others in order to move forward themselves-you can still move forward in your own stride without stepping on others in the corporate world, can't you? I am so sick of this back-stabbing, kiasu, comparing and faking by people. People who claimed that they are concerned about you but they are NOT. People who have ulterior motives behind each gesture they show you. If you think I am kiasu, you may walk out of my life and leave sadness to me.

Life is also about having fun with friends and growing with each other.Like Teck Jian-he sure is 'hang fuk'-surrounded by so many girls. haha.


I think if one day, the world ever makes me feel jaded and that it is full of UGLINESS, it will be the KIDS that save me from giving up.I LOVE their innocence, their pure hearts, and their sunshine smiles.
KIDS won't drag you all along and tell you that they don't love you; kids do not step you so that they can get what they want. Kids paint smiles on our faces, kids think of the world in a simple way and that makes the world such a BETTER place to live in.

Kids look at the world in a simple way with their pure hearts.


Do read 'The Little Prince' by Antoine sans de Exupery (spelling is wrong I think, by I am sure it is Antoine) and find the kid IN YOU. Remember, we all were once a kid before. Do not let the kids in you fade away!

Believing in true friends & pure hearts despite past experiences,
wan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home