<~Out of the Blue~>

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Lucky?

Out of 78 people, of which 5 are to be chosen, what is the odds of you being chosen? I am so sure you will think, 'so easy meh'. That, is exactly what happened to ME this morning-I got jackpot!!

Haha. Lembaga Farmasi visited IMU today and they randomly picked students from each intake for a meeting at 3 p.m. later. (which is WHY i have to stay back after my class 12.45 p.m. aikz). This session is to find out how IMU has been conducting the course for pharmacy and medicine-whether some new courses will be accredited.


Most people are confused between accredited and recognised. Before a uni runs a course, it has to get permission to 'run' it from the government. Thus it gets recognition. Throughout the running of the course, Lembaga Farmasi Malaysia and LAN will visit the uni from time to time to see that they are delivering what they promised so that students who graduate from that university meet a certain high level of proficiency. For courses which are accredited (diiktiraf) like the Mpharm, the accreditation will expire after a few years so the uni has to reapply for the accreditation.

A course has to be recognised so that the uni can run the course; it has to be accredited so that students who graduated from that course can be a registered pharmacists. Accredition can only be done once the pioneer batch graduate, as 'there is no degree to be recognised now' (since nobody gradutes from Bachelor of Pharmacy in IMU....YET)


Anyway, so am I lucky or what? I hope they will serve some 'light refreshment' later-come on those VIPs need to fill their tummy (actually it is ME who want the food) after a fruitful, tiring meeting? and IMU cannot be so giam siap right?? haha. Anyway I always see tea being served in that floor everytime there is some conference or meeting. So I am really wishing upon the stars now. Anyway 2 hours is not that hard to spend-I just spent one hour, talking, searching for info in the library and onlining. I hope my usual compatible chat partners will be online soon so that I can kill my boredom. Then there is reader's digest to read-I can choose to sit on the comfortable couch in the library (some guys even zzz their but elegant girls should NEVER do that). There is also a variety of newspapers to be read, not to mention, my PBL presentation to be done as well as portfolio.

But of course I am chilling first. haha. Oh I wanna ask you all for opinion.
Should I join IMU competition in english poetry?

I thought since I have written that 'autumn wind of july' I might as well send it in. It is such an EASY decision until I saw this line 'shortlisted participant are required to recite the poem on the judging day'. WHAT??? this is poetry, NOT poem recital also=P If they are grading people based on recital I am NOT going to stand any chance. NOPE I won't recite in those shakespeare-style or over-dramatic style. I guess I should just send in and then only WORRY WHEN the LIsT is out?

The cash prize is so tempting-it is RM150 for first prize I think, then RM25 for consolation!
haha come on u stand like crap in guardian only RM3.50 per HOUR, data entry the most you get is rm8 per hour; and this!! haha Just send in and if you are lucky, the $$$ comes^_^

speaking of which, there is a photography session too. Those of you who know me real well will know that I LOVE PHOTOGRAPHy-I have so many scenery pics and I DEVELOPED my pics from the whole collection I have. Of course I am not pro-using lens filter, touch up, antishake, anti blablabla; but is it worth a try? They want a 8R size photo, so that is going to cost me like erm RM 10++ ?? Is is a good investment?

If I don't win I wonder if they are going to return MY PIC to me. By the way, the theme is 'Reflection', so I guess I will have to flip through my collection of pics to choose. Unless I get to go some feet-sweepinng, marvellouly fantabulous chun haven before the closing date in september. hahahahaha.

Looking forward to hearing from you all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home