<~Out of the Blue~>

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Carol's 21st Birthday Party!!

Alert: Please read my previous post which features a chun korean guy and some deep thought about love.


Happy Birthday Carol!! Turning 21st now and you get to do more adult stuff officially, though you have been clubbing, drinking and doing other adult stuff. *wink*

The birthday girl, Caroline Lee.


I got to know Carol better in semester 3(this sem) because we sat nearer to each other in class, and she is steph's (one of the great things that happened to me ^_^) futsal mate. Carol is an outgoing, easy-going, fun to be with person. She is not hardcore into studies though she does care about her results=P , which is just a nice balance.


I was amazed at how she managed to go out, clubbed during her stpm time and got 3.5/3.6 (I can't remember) for her cgpa.
One week ago, most of us got a msg from Friendster, being 'cordially invited' (yesterday carol said 'I don't know who are coming. I simply invite only.') by Carol =P When I asked her in class, she told me that she invited ALL the bpharmers, i.e. 77 people!!


NOT all 77 people turned up but Carol is sure well-liked-there were about 40 (including her secondary school friends, stpm friends) people there.


So yesterday was so fun! I got to play mahjong after the penang trip, ate super yummy choc cake, and DRANK this nice liquor that I like-Malibu Coconut Rum mixed with pineapple!! ^_^ Friends who know me will know that I do not like beer, bacardi and most of other liquors that tasted weird to me. I do not have an acquired taste for liquor, happy now?=P I drank malibu, Jack Daniel + coke, Absolut Peach+ sprite and Baileys with ice. I love the taste and smell of Absolut Peach!! Baileys is ONLY nice with ice, and you should not take too much, otherwise you will get this 'lau' (filling) feeling as you are pumping in fats and cream into your body.


More pictures as they speak a thousand words......


The yummy birthday cake. Someone's mum baked it.=) By the way, her rumoured boy friend get a florist to deliver this bouquet of flowers. How sweet!! Forgot to take the pic of it!!



Jason didn't change so he looked like he just came from work...haha
The blue and green balloons stuck on the ceiling are helium balloons.



Ee Lyn, Me and Li Yen. The man at the backdrop is the satay man.



With Jason being in the limelight.


Without Jason being in the limelight=P


Wei Yin with her nice top. 'I bought in Ipoh'



Inside Carol's house.


The cute thing I discovered(or rather, most of us) in the party is that, after u suck in HELIUM gas (found inside the helium balloons), you sound like 'Mr. Lonely'(from that song) when you speak. In other words, you sound like some manja-ing baby. Try that at the next party!!

Or you may incorporate that into the card games-losers have to suck in helium and sing a song!! Now that is something different from the usual drinking=P


Being a curious girl who likes to search for answer, I googled helium balloon+funny voice and I found this:

'Browsing through the results of a Google search, we came across a very intriguing title: "Inhaling Helium Can Cause More Than a Funny Voice." It tells the story of a healthy 13-year-old boy who suffered a cerebral gas embolism after inhaling helium from a pressurized tank at a party. A word to the wise: Pressurized, industrial tanks are not for human consumption! Repeated inhalation of helium can hinder your ability to breathe. Yikes. 'Nuff said.


(therefore the idea of incorporating it into drinking game is not so good after all. However, just try for the fun of it-don't overdo it!!)


Undaunted, we pressed on. The column titled "Squeaky voice & helium" came from an archive called Ask a Scientist, offered by Newton, a resource for science educators. Here's what we learned:

Helium is an inert gas that is lighter than air and can be inhaled briefly without risk of death. Sound is produced by vibration, the movement of air around our vocal chords. Because helium gas is lighter than the usual oxygen/nitrogen blend, it changes the resonant frequency of the human vocal tract, causing a faster vibration and a higher-pitched, cartoon-character sound.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home