<~Out of the Blue~>

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Mind Your Manners

I am in the elab surfing while studying for the upcoming biotechnology class test on friday. It irritates me A LOT that this idiotic guy is listening to some rap songs with the loudspeakers on. Though the sound system has been programmed to be off, a lot of us do know how to activate it. However, this guy is really being very inconsiderate;the irritating song has been played for quite some time and now he is still surfing youtube for more songs.


I am contemplating to give him a piece of my mind (in a polite way, of course) if he continues with his inconsiderate gesture. Hell, the whole lab can hear the song. I wonder why other people seem to be undisturbed by that, perhaps they are too engrossed in their work to care? Or perhaps some of them have their on earphones on, listening to songs in the MP3 player of hp..which reminds me, I had better bring along my hands-free so that I can listen to MY own songs in the hp ..wee the idiotic guy just logged off!!..lucky me and lucky him too..if not I will really go over and give him a piece of my mind. To think that our uni is training health professionals like doctors and pharmacists who are supposed to be courteous, thoughtful and considerate.


Frankly speaking,some of the students here do not live up to the standards. Academic performance aside, their attitude and mannerism really make you wonder how the heck the authority of our uni has overlooked that during the interviews. Perhaps they are so good in acting and faking it. I would definitely not see some friends of mine in the medical faculty if I am sick in future( should they graduate as a doctor, to begin with). To do justice to others, there is this particular him whose attitude we do not look up on. In fact, at a party the other day, a friend of mine was shocked that he is doing medicine; needless to say, the shock was on our side when we knew he wanted to pursue medicine back then.


Then there is another issue of foul language usage. Yes, you get that everywhere in our uni. It is omnipresent in elab and cafeteria especially. Is there something with guys that foul language usage is associated with machoness? Why must they adulterate an otherwise ok statement or question with foul words like $*&,N ^&* and !@#^?


Ah,there will always be rotten eggs which spoil the lots in any community or organization. There isn't anything we can do about, is there? One guy has the cheek to 'lecture me' about the use of crude words being patient orientated!! He justified it by saying our patients may come from lower education background and hence the use of crude words are deemed patient orientated. I brushed it aside, refusing to sink my level down to his by debating with him (what's the point of my well-meaning remarks will not be accepted; in fact, it is like adding oil to fire). In my opinion, you can use simple words, truncated english phrases and other dialects when you speak to these groups of patients; I don't see the need in using those vulgar cantonese words.

1 Comments:

Blogger Pepperpourri said...

I know how it feels. I wish the IMU staff will look into this matter seriously, as it is actually very irritating! I certainly do not mind other students surfing entertainment websites, but at least be CONSIDERATE! Can't they just plug in earphones instead, if they really want to listen to music? I tell you what's worse. I really hate it when people start coming into e-labs in the middle of CAL sessions (when no lecturer is around) and starting talking and laughing loudly like nobody's business. It's already difficult enougg to understand the information on the slides, what more having something else disrupting your concentration! I really think that IMU should set rules like NO students other than the ones having CAL session to be allowed into e-labs, unless they need to print documents urgently. Otherwise, it is REALLY IRRITATING!!! Where have all the rules gone??? I wonder why they would actually BAR msn, but allow all these to happen??? See, MSN allows you to chat online, and by just typing, everyone WILL NOT be talking out loud. Isn't it a bit ironic?

Btw, who's that medic guy? Haha. I wanna know =)

3:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home