China Trip Part II
Due to popular demand by steph, I shall upload more pics on my China trip for my dear blog readers. Some pics speak for itself so I shall do away with the captions ya.

Buildings in HK. Life in HK is really fast-paced; as much as I like their transport system, TVB series which I have been watching since I was a kid, and nice shopping places, I am not a fan of claustrophobic-inducing buildings and their hectic way of life.

The first restaurant in HK which we ate at. It is called 'Hou Mongkok' (Good Mongkok) but the food is so-so only with loadsa MSG. Notice the good use of space? The drinks in cartons are placed underneath the seats. Also, in HK, there is a 'DAp Toi' (Sharing-table)culture. A table has to be occupied with 4 persons; and you do not need to ask the person 'may i sit down?' coz the seats are meant to be occupied.

Clock Tower in HK. It is situated next to Tsim Tsa Tsui Harbour where we took the Star Ferry Harbour Tour. It is the major landmark to HK, just like ruins of St. Paul to Macau.

On our way to MTR station on morning, we saw school children walking in a group to MTR station, led by an adult. They came out from a building together, so our guess is that they stay in the same building and someone's family member led them to MTR stations. The children in HK are really independent, I guess kidnapping of commoners (as opposed to film stars)are not rampant? Oh notice their black shoes too. They are allowed to wear any designs/styles as long as it is flats and is black.

HK roads are full of buses, mini buses and taxis. We spotted some Merz, BMW and the like but they are limousines from posh hotels like The Peninsula. We enquired from a waiter that getting a driving license requires several thousands HKD. On top of that, their petrol price is expensive (about RM4.00+ per litre after conversion), unlike in msia where it is subsidized by the government.
HK dim sums at a place called Foo Lum's Fisherman in Nathan Road, Mongkok.







The weather was hot and there is only this much we can drink while travelling. Thus, when we saw a market at Fa Yuen Street, we quickly went in to get some fresh fruits.

Kam Wah Char Bing Sat at Bute Street which I know about from websites recommended by ml's hk boyfriend. We found our whereabouts in HK by reading maps and asking people, esp. our hostel's boss, for directions.

Nissin Noodles.

Sausage, egg and ham that comes in a set with the nissin noodles.

Si Mat Nai Cha ('Stocking' Milk Tea). I think our teh tarik tastes better and is more fragrant ^_^ We met a HK lady in Macau who told us that the thing she loves about msia is our TeH tariK!!!

The Polo Bun that I have been hoping to try since I watched in in TVB series. People have told me that it ain't chun, which turns out quite true. The bun is like normal bread with no fillings inside and has biscuit crust on top. I would say that the polo bun that I ate in Kam Wah is nicer than those from other char bing sat near it, coz you really can tell from the look of the bun and also the crowd.

Tai Hing Roast Restaurant.This is my 14-year-old sis.

Dinner after our Disneyland trip.

We came back after breakfast to try to roast goose at Tai Hing the next morning coz it was sold old on the previous night. I personally can't really differiate the taste of a goose from that of a duck if you blindfold me lol; but this roast goose tastes nice ^_^

Me while waiting for the 3D show in Disneyland.

Grilled chicken chop at disneyland. It tastes nice and is about RM 26+ after conversion. I feel like whacking ben who told me that he didn't enjoy disneyland and added that the food ain't nice.
More pics from Disneyland.






Now pics from Guangzhou:

Sis at the shopping area, Shang Xia Jiu.

Peking Duck!! Nice~! and it is so cheap, RMB 13 for one ONLY!!

Dishes during dinner - Curry crab (curry is Jap style), tofu (the downside is the gravy is pretty thick), Spicy beef (beef is nice but the dish is too spicy for me), soup which resembles shark fin soup and a roast goose that doesn't taste nice.

Red Bean cake.

Red Bean Pancake.
Dim sums at Guangzhou.


Dim sums are so cheap there; I think we spent only RMB 150 for all the dimsums that we ate and didn't manage to eat. I think for its price, the taste is not bad la.

At the balcony of my mum's distant relatives' condominium in Guangzhou. The garden below is lovely; it reminds me of the scenery in Su Zhou. Guess what? A unit like this costs RM 500,000!!! She can get a much spacious bungalow back here.
Alright, that's all folks. I don't want to overexpose my family photos here =P This blog has come a long way since I first started writing in 2006, from my strictly-no-photo policy up to my taking-photo-for-my-blog sessions now. This is because I am sharing my life with friends who are not physically here with me, and also updating friends who are physically here with me on memories which we have shared together. At times, I do wonder what will happen to this blog when I start working?? Ah.. what a question to which I have no answer to.
3 Comments:
hehe, i noticed it's all pics on HK food! good pick there!! LOLs
and everywhere looked like that in the tvb dramas!! even the market! yengg!
hmm,i dun fancy the hectic way of life too!
FOOOOOODDDDD!!!!!
EhEhhhe, just thought of dropping by to see how you are doing!!
-sek teng-
Nissin noodles! I tried that at one of the cafe's here called "Noodle Noodle". I'm not a dim sum person, but those dim sum looks delicious! Haha.
I remember watching school children walking along pavements also the last time I was in China. Lots of them in uniforms.
Heh...I did ask myself the same question too (the last line in your post). And that time, we're already pharmacist! (If all goes well haha)
Post a Comment
<< Home