<~Out of the Blue~>

Sunday, September 24, 2006

(my name)-ness, (my name)-ism

Hehe. The reason of NOT putting my actual name is, like I said, I don't want some itchy-fingers people who google my name one fine day and stumbles upon my PRIVATE BLOG. Call me vain or what but then, you all HAVE NO IDEA that my blog was secretly read by some people whom I didn't intend to.



So back to the point. adding -ness and -ism to my name makes it a noun that means: the actual ME is back, as in the me who can think, focus and strive for her goal.



Dupree: (to carl) Bring out the Carlness in you!! It is your name plus the ness!!


yesterday, it was a pleasant surprise to see sinthi online and we had a chat. She flattered me with her praises. *ahem* I can't believe that despite all that happenes, mayling and sinthi still think that I can get a FIRST CLASS. I feel really honoured to be viewed of like that.



Sadly, this is not the case because there is a big chunk of credit units and semester 1 which I screwed up. So yes, like I told minghong, I am happy with my ultimate goal but I just hope I won't feel awkward among our mc gang when I am the only one who doesn't graduate with a First Class. Lol.




Ming hong in his nice self said,' rest assured man. You won't be the only one. I am just aiming for a PASS.' I am not sure if he is trying to make me feel better or kiasuland is really taking its toil on him. Apparently his class is inundated with high-achievers and go-getters who are doing 'research' on making $$ and drafting business plan.



Hey can you guys just leave out 18-year-old minghong alone ah?? LEt him enjoy his teenage years ok. If you all got NO LIFE, that is your problem. Do NOT kiasu-fy minghong ok!!!




Like I told sinthi, if I were to aim for first class, I either DIe of stress, or Die of disappointment. haha. Furthermore, all my life, I have been telling people who sing praises to me, that results really do not speak for one's intelligence. I mean to a certain extent it does, but then, it is not THE ULTIMATE. I believe that to shine in your profession, you need NOT only the results, but the ability to apply your knowledge and the PASSIon-the heart to serve your patient/customer/client.



I am now doing some research on BP style debate and I am really glad I joined IMU debate. I have learnt a lot-reading more issues, learning how to view a topic from various angles (through articles like 'How to Case, '10 Things debaters need to know about Economics' and '12 Things Debaters Need to know about Law'). ^_^ When I said I joined for PARTICIPATION and EXPERIENCE, I mean it, unlikes some hypocrites. Really. Why would I expect to win when I have many class tests, reports to cope with, coupled with the fact that I am NEVER a debater and BP debate style is relatively new to me??



I googled some quotes for my debates and can you guess which subject has the MOST quotes?? It is nothing but................... Love wiht 71 quotes!!!


Here are some quotes that caught my attention:


The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances: if there is any reaction, both are transformed.
Carl Jung (1875 - 1961)


Sometimes when you look back on a situation, you realize it wasn't all you thought it was. A beautiful girl walked into your life. You fell in love. Or did you? Maybe it was only a childish infatuation, or maybe just a brief moment of vanity.
Henry Bromel


I pay very little regard...to what any young person says on the subject of marriage. If they profess a disinclination for it, I only set it down that they have not yet seen the right person.
Jane Austen (1775 - 1817), Mansfield Park
(Jane Austen is one of my favourite authors!!^_^)


Love is the difficult realization that something other than oneself is real.Iris Murdoch (1919 - 1999)


We can only learn to love by loving.
Iris Murdoch (1919 - 1999), O Magazine, February 2004




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home