<~Out of the Blue~>

Friday, September 15, 2006

Of Net Elves and Net-Elves-soon-to-be


William mentioned that he has become a net elf in his blog. That really makes me guilty for I am evolving/ has evolved to one too. The other day sara was mentioning to me that his dad pointed out the symptoms of someone getting addicted to the net, among those is being quiet and not speaking up much.


haha ^_^ That is NOT me!! People around me always say that I am bubbly and always have things to talk to them about. In fact, when I said I am joining IMU debate, they were not surprised at all (actually u all should because I was NEVER a trained debater. The reason I am joining is because I would like to gain a new experience speaking up in British Parlimentary style debate AND to gain points for Pharmacy team. *note to self: What did I get myself into? Class tests are all lurking around the corner!!)


Thus, to a certain extent, I know that I am not in the terminal stage of being a net elf. In fact, I think
I have toned down A LOT.

In semester 2:

1. During the holidays especially, the fisrt thing I wanted to do when I woke up was to check my blog! Yes I was that addicted!! I wanted to check if my friends have left any tag or comment for me and I always wanted to blog about something which triggered my mind the night before I slept.


2. I ALWAYS want to chat on msn with my friends, especially those in the UK. I still remembered chatting till the wee hour in the morning, e.g. 3a.m. when I jolly well knew that I had class on the following morning.


3. The LAST straw was chatting NON-STOP from 12 am onwards till 7a.m. the next morning!! And it wasn't even with him who was close to me that time. My mum got a SHOCK when she saw the computer room still lit and shse came up and gave me a piece of her mind. I was then asked to sleep at once and promised that I would NEVER do such a thing again.


4. Conflicts happened between my sisters, parents and I . They think that I am hogging the computer. Yes i was chatting BUT I was also doing research on my upcoming lab manuals, or doing problem based learning presentation, writing lab reports or doing portfolio.


5. I can update my blog as frequent as a few times a day.





NOW.....
1. I do NOT do such impulsive things like blogging early morning; but if I reach my uni at 9a.m. I would still log on to blogspot before going to my class at 9.15 a.m.

2. I still LOVE to chat on msn; however, I find myself being THE ONE who takes leave more often nowadays, unlike last time whereby I was the ever-awake girl who would only go off when the last person in my msn who is my usual compatible chat partner says,
'hey gottta go zzz.take care ya!'

3. Nope, there was no such thing as chatting till 3 a.m. now, though I do stay up till 2 plus if I happened to wake up at 10 plus after a nap. I no longer chat with someone who used to call me at 1 a.m. onwards too. In fact, his presence in the 'online' list on msn is no longer significant for he is NOT irreplaceable.


4. These 2 weeks, I have been on good terms with those 2 sisters; and one of them is having trials BUT she didn't get stressed up and results in having conflict with me. A good sign
.

5. I still love to channel my thoughts through blog-like I said, it helps me maintaining a certain level of English AND it gives me room for self-reflection. However, I no longer blog as crazy as last time, right? =P

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hope u enjoy wut u'r doin now, blogging Cheers!

Ky

10:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home