Friendship
A friend, sarah, has blogged about how the perception of friendship changes with time; and how we all 'carry forward' our friends like how we carry forward our balance in the bank account.
What I wish to add to that is, when we carry forward the balance in out bank account, the value increases with time as we are carrying forward the interest too. However, we cannot say the same in the case of friendship, i.e., it is not for sure that each time we 'carry forward' our friends as we move on from one phase to another, the value of the friendship increases.
'Out of sight, out of mind', this age-old saying is true to a certain extent. Minus your best friends, and let's talk about your close friends. Separated by distance and different time zones, you have less conversations like last time; and you risk not know your close pal as well as last time; for we all know-people change with time, and it is a happy chance if we, changing, continue to love a change person.
Yesterday night I went to bed 'early' at 12 a.m., as I am having a dispensing practical exam (which contribute a freaking chunk of 70% to the finals) this morning. However, I don't know why I cannot sleep. Goodness me; I was tempted to go online but I knew I shouldn't (see? I have self-control). There was no point studying for today's test because I think my mind shut off already, and the exam today exam on skills more on memory work-so as long as I have not been clueless during normal practicals, and I am extra careful later, I hope all goes well.*cross my fingers*
So back to the point. I suddenly felt like spamming (i.e. talking) to someone; so I started running my fingers on my hp next to my bed (as alarm clock). Most of my dear friends whom I can talk to (ie ling, chee wei , sara, ket) are all in overseas. You all know who I smsed in the end?
It is dear shin, wl and kk.
Yes, wl said it is a bit weird that I am closer to people from other intakes than my own batchmates. Lately I find that in uni, if I really have something to confide in someone, or say, carry a deep conversation with someone, it will either be the medic friends(some of whom I just knew in uni) or the mpharmers (thanks to my uni debate I got to know them, and some I knew from friends in cafeteria or her house).
I know there is a higher chance that people hang out more often with their batchmates because their have same timetable, thus same FREE time. In addition, they meet each other everyday, so chance of getting to know each other is better. However, I don't seem to have gone out with those friends whom I click with in my batch because they all stay in vista (the apartments opposite our uni), so their outing is mostly at night, which I can't join. *and they never ask me also, sob* As for the guys, they are just different from the guy friends I have had so far, we somehow just don't click (except for a few) - we can just talk casually.
I wish we can bring our friendship to another level, i.e. by spending more time together, not just in elab or class, discussing how to answer those killer respiratory questions, or how one has completed her log book. Indeed, I am looking forward to the malacca trip which steph has cordially invited some of us to ^_^ I once told a friend, we can get to know a person better in a 3-day trip than in 3 months!!
Actually I was surprised to receive kk's call after sms-ing him. I guess I found a true friend in him, i.e. one that can keep. Is it like that? As time goes by, we move on and there will ultimately be people whom you add (notice I use 'add', NOT 'replace') to your list of 'the usual gang'? 'The usual gang' is those people whom you will turn to when you feel happy or sad and you can just be yourself in front of them. When I stepped into uni, along with many of my other friends, we came to a conclusion, that we can no longer meet people who touched our hearts so differently back then in secondary school or college. (I am referring to friendship here).
I know things have exceptions, and I do wish it is the case here. I hope I will be able to unfold the surprises that life brings, i.e. just like back then in help, when I thought I could no longer meet ppl like mc gang, sara and yee ket walked into my life. ^_^ *oops it is unfair to leave out chee wei and kai yee too*
2 Comments:
YeaH, Muask* *
ky
Post a Comment
<< Home