<~Out of the Blue~>

Friday, October 06, 2006

Being a 'consolation prize' Won Me a Consolation Prize!!

Whee!!!! I won consolation prize (RM 25 + certificate + self-satisfaction which is priceless) in my uni Art Competion--English Poetry!!

While I was weighing the atropine sulphate and phenobarbitone powder during the killer extemporaneous dispensing mock, I got a missed call from Hui Ling, the girl in the committee. I then knew that it was a cue for me to go and recite now; so I went out of the lab under the pretext of going to the washroom.


When I was at the atrium, I realised that my name had been called out a few times by the emcee; since I Wasn't there, they moved on to the next even which was a duet by 2 dudes. They rendered a melting rendition of 'Mungkin Bila' 'Kau Ilhamku' (Rocks!!!!!!) which won the loud applause of all that were present.



My only friends therer were ka keat, teck jian and ben luke (well done to ben again for joining kollam last minute with all his chinese friends who decided to have fun--they emerged as champs!!)
Kk said I could beat him if I was nervous, and NOPE he didn't get any flowers. 'I couldn't find any nice flowers near vista'. *roll my eyes*


But thanks to everyone who was there for me yeah!! I was rather soft because I thought the mike was efficient la; turned out that a mere 4 cm away from my mouth didn't aimplify my voice as intended. Furthermore, I didnt really succeed in injecting the super bittersweet mood (well you see I sort of dashed down from the lab, and since I knew the truth last week, some feelings just can be faked okies...) So yeah, I delivered it in a rather 'sad' manner but then the effect didn't turn out as I wanted it to be because...well the whole incident is SO YESTERDAY!!!


My consolation prize means a lot to me--mind you exodus, this is different from the 'consolation prize' that you gave me. This is like an appreciation and a recognition of my work!! ^_^



Shin said may be I should become a writer instead of a pharmacist (I am not that good in writing le...) but to tell u all the truth, my dream job is to be a pharmacist-journalist who travels the world, see people, get touched by people and write articles to promote healthcare and disbunk the myths of certain traditional practices among tribes.


There is this 3rd-prized poem entitled 'The Girl in My Mirror' by a medic student, Mabel Heah Meibo that I like. I even copied the whole poem so that I can share with u all here!!


People come and people go,
Flowers wither in a week or so,
Destiny lits up, then starts to fade
And with the passing of time,
Somehow I begin to realize,
That's how you paint,
The word called "life".

(the bolded parts are the ones I like best. I think that the poem is nice, though a bit too long)

A touch of pretty faces and scented flowers
Of broken dreams and shattered tears,
Life was all but a blank note,
Waiting to be written and to be told.
Back when I was a child,
Before I could find out,
The reason to live, the reason to stay,
When life always offered me,
A bright and beautiful sunny day,
With warm hugs of tenderness and love,
Bringing in the caressing wing from up above,
My heart, my soul and everything in between,
My mum and dad, so sugar sweet.



Sure there were stumbles and falls,
But they stood by me through it all,
And when lies forsake the only truth,
They were the ones whom I hanged on to.
When fairy tales of prince charming blided my eyes,
I did a whole lof of wrong by telling them lies.
Still, they held my hand and showed me the light,
Down the path which I should've known was right.
They gave me their best and everything for me,
Told me to follow my very own destiny.
'Tis time that I finally grow,
And find out who I want to be and follow its flow.



It is my quest for self-understanding,
Finalyl seeing the world through these eyes.
When all this while,
I thought I had the answers right.
A feeling of emptiness builds up,
And at times it gets a little too much.
having to leave a place called home,
To travel doing the path I chose,
Putting my past away and far behind,
Stepping up to the test I have in mind.
And while my future is in the grasp of my hands,
I'll hold to it till the bitter end.



So what becomes of my future now?
I prayed and wished that someday, somehow,
I will make my family and friends proud.
A vision, a mission to reach beyond horizon
To drench myeslf in the rain of my success,
And that's a promise I will keep at my best
Yet, home will aywas be the plae for my heart,
Virtues and values never will be part.


I'll stay true and never let them down,
No matter life smiles or life frowns,
I will be thre despite all despair,
That was my past, new present and the future me,
Living up to my chosen destiny,
The girl who was lost, now trying to find her way,
A step at a time, followed by a prayer,
And upon a mirror I could see,
The reflection of a girl that is me.....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home